There are 354 users in the forums

Latest NFL fashions

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jrg
  • Veteran
chico, edit your quote

he's likely to get warned for that pic

don't want you getting a warning too
I don't understand why you guys are hating on him. The guy just doesn't like the looks of those things.

The helmet, I think looks fine. The pink, eh, I'm not a fan of, but it doesn't distract me either.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I don't understand why you guys are hating on him. The guy just doesn't like the looks of those things.

The helmet, I think looks fine. The pink, eh, I'm not a fan of, but it doesn't distract me either.

Because he's completely ignoring the reason the players wear the pink.

I'm sure he can deal with pink armbands, shoes, etc for a little while in support of breast cancer.
Originally posted by jrg:

I'm sure he can deal with pink armbands, shoes, etc for a little while in support of breast cancer.

Read what he wrote underneath the pic. It's not a big problem to me though.

Although I do think Kaep's helmet looks stupid

No, he isn't. He says right in the first post he knows they're for breast cancer awareness, but just wishes there was another way they could go about it. His post is entirely about looks, so I don't see any reason to clown on him. Just my 2 cents.

No, he isn't. He says right in the first post he knows they're for breast cancer awareness, but just wishes there was another way they could go about it. His post is entirely about looks, so I don't see any reason to clown on him. Just my 2 cents.

But he's insinuating that because it's pink, they are feminine. The whole point of the pink. He capitalizes MEN as if the pink is unwearable by men because it is womanly. To me that's pretty ignorant. The whole point is to raise awareness for something that is feminine. I never said I was fan of it, but the reality is that is done for a great cause. It sure sticks out -- so it does a great job marketing. That's my opinion. He undercuts that it's for breast cancer (it's said almost as a disclaimer) and says it looks too girlie on manly men. I don't want to assume further but I think you'd know his stance on other subjects.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

But he's insinuating that because it's pink, they are feminine. The whole point of the pink. He capitalizes MEN as if the pink is unwearable by men because it is womanly. To me that's pretty ignorant. The whole point is to raise awareness for something that is feminine. I never said I was fan of it, but the reality is that is done for a great cause. It sure sticks out -- so it does a great job marketing. That's my opinion. He undercuts that it's for breast cancer (it's said almost as a disclaimer) and says it looks too girlie on manly men. I don't want to assume further but I think you'd know his stance on other subjects.

Why are you so wrapped up in blasting my opinion? You're so concerned with me and my opinion that you're, now, explaining to others why I used capitol letters?!

**This post was for us all to state our opinions on what we like or dislike about the new styles/trends etc, in the NFL. That is all bro. But, You and your buddy "Jrg" are tyring to turn this into a post about my opinion...instead of just talking about the styles that you like or dislike

Also..your statement...("I never said I was fan of it, but the reality is that is done for a great cause.")...is practically the same thing I wrote in my post under that photo.

[ Edited by 49ERFANb4Uwas on May 7, 2011 at 15:13:12 ]
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:

Why are you so wrapped up in blasting my opinion? You're so concerned with me and my opinion that you're, now, explaining to others why I used capitol letters?!

**This post was for us all to state our opinions on what we like or dislike about the new styles/trends etc, in the NFL. That is all bro. But, You and your buddy "Jrg" are tyring to turn this into a post about my opinion...instead of just talking about the styles that you like or dislike

Also..your statement...("I never said I was fan of it, but the reality is that is done for a great cause.")...is practically the same thing I wrote in my post under that photo.

No it's not. I have no problem with them wearing pink at all. I just never said I was a huge fan of it. I think that wearing pink is 100% acceptable because of the cause. You, on the other hand seem to really dislike pink because it isn't a manly color.

But I agree -- I was going off your opinion and strayed from the topic. I just think you aren't looking beyond the fact that pink (by your call) is not appropriate for men. It just has underlying vibes to that statement. But - I'll stay away from that.

No it's not. I have no problem with them wearing pink at all. I just never said I was a huge fan of it. I think that wearing pink is 100% acceptable because of the cause. You, on the other hand seem to really dislike pink because it isn't a manly color.

But I agree -- I was going off your opinion and strayed from the topic. I just think you aren't looking beyond the fact that pink (by your call) is not appropriate for men. It just has underlying vibes to that statement. But - I'll stay away from that.

You added a "qualifier" to your statement. So, according to you, without that "cause", wearing pink would NOT be 100% acceptable??

hmmm...you're guilty of giving the same underlying vibes that you've accused me of giving.
I think the only thing we should be discussing is how weird Kaep's helmet looks

You added a "qualifier" to your statement. So, according to you, without that "cause", wearing pink would NOT be 100% acceptable??

hmmm...you're guilty of giving the same underlying vibes that you've accused me of giving.

f**k, man. Here: I think pink is absolutely acceptable on the uniforms. Because of the cause, it is even better. So yes, the qualifying factor is that it is in good taste due to giving awareness to breast cancer.

There? Is that clear enough? I am okay with the pink. I find it in no way lessening on manliness in the sport of football.
Originally posted by YungAce:
I think the only thing we should be discussing is how weird Kaep's helmet looks

If it's for safety, then I'll support it. But I get people not liking the look of it.
i wish steve young wore that helmet
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Well at least he wont be wearing this helmet.

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
chico, edit your quote

he's likely to get warned for that pic

don't want you getting a warning too

I'm pretty lenient on those things...
Share 49ersWebzone