LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 334 users in the forums

Ran into Jim Mora Jr. yesterday...

Shop 49ers game tickets
That's awesome dude. I ran into Joe Montana yesterday at the corner of Main and Howard. He was on the phone but I didn't hesitate to yell "HI JOE!!!". At least he waved
Originally posted by PTulini:
I still wish the 49ers would have hired Mora instead of Dennis E!

Co-sign. Epic fail coaching hire of Erickson.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
That's awesome dude. I ran into Joe Montana yesterday at the corner of Main and Howard. He was on the phone but I didn't hesitate to yell "HI JOE!!!". At least he waved

Joe moved back into the city right? I read something about that.
Originally posted by Jamespowers:

hindsight is 20/20

We didn't know that Sing would be a waste of time. We don't know about Harbro.

Maybe Harbaugh is a good coach, but a crappy NFL level motivator. Maybe Harbaugh can't adjust in the NFL atmosphere. We don't know.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

hindsight is 20/20

Maybe Harbaugh is a good coach, but a crappy NFL level motivator. Maybe Harbaugh can't adjust in the NFL atmosphere. We don't know.

Why so negative?

I believe he lives in the Millennium Towers close to Mission and Beale.

hindsight is 20/20

Why so negative?
People always complain about what the niners should've done, but .....who really knows?

i.e. If we resigned T.O. when he was pro bowl T.O. , it would've been disasterous.

If we drafted Huff instead of Vernon, Hawk instead of PWilly,we'd be in an even deeper hole.
Dude, who doesn't have a camera on their cell phone nowadays? You could have capped off the alleged conversation you had with him with a quick pic, but now the story remains uncorroborated.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
It's cool that he talked with you; however, I thought he was a horrible coach for our DB's and our defense.

I remember hearing that Tim MacDonald and the other DB's drew up their own plays. I don't remember where I read that but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

I dont think we've had a better DC since him. Manusky was ok but Mora was better. Hopefully Fangio will be great.

Mora was a horrible DC imo, and Manusky was head and shoulders a superior coord.

i thought our d was horrible when mora was the dc, then again i felt we didnt have good talent on d at the time

For the talent we had on D at the time, he was good. He was a good DC for us.

hindsight is 20/20

Why so negative?
People always complain about what the niners should've done, but .....who really knows?

i.e. If we resigned T.O. when he was pro bowl T.O. , it would've been disasterous.

If we drafted Huff instead of Vernon, Hawk instead of PWilly,we'd be in an even deeper hole.

We'll Erickson should have never been hired to begin with. His past history (winning percentage) should have raised a red flag with someone!

That sounds about right. I saw him and his family at Ozumos a few months back. By the time I realized who he was he was already being seated. Of course, being Joe he didn't have to wait.
I dont think it was Mora that was the problem with our Defense... I think our secondary was just to horrid.
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
Dude, who doesn't have a camera on their cell phone nowadays? You could have capped off the alleged conversation you had with him with a quick pic, but now the story remains uncorroborated.

Sorry man....I'm old school. Didn't even cross my mind.

One thing I can tell you about him is he is taller than he looks on TV.

Also, he spent 10 or so minutes chatting with 4 elderly gentlemen who also recognized him before he took the time to speak with me...and he was wearing a walking boot (surgery recently?) and carrying his coffee! He just came in for a coffee and spent 15 minutes just talking to football fans. Nice!
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for Jamespowers.

hindsight is 20/20

Why so negative?

We'll Erickson should have never been hired to begin with. His past history (winning percentage) should have raised a red flag with someone!

Exactly. Erickson was not great at seattle, with decent talent. Just a college coach. Might be on his last leg at Arizona State too. Harbaugh was a college coach, but he has strong NFL ties, playing QB for 14 years, being QB coach in oakland before going to san diego university. Harbs has always had the desire to come to NFL and went the college road.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

That sounds about right. I saw him and his family at Ozumos a few months back. By the time I realized who he was he was already being seated. Of course, being Joe he didn't have to wait.

Joe does not seem like an a----- as some suggest.
Share 49ersWebzone