LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Ran into Jim Mora Jr. yesterday...

Shop 49ers game tickets
Just happened to see Jim Mora Jr. in a Starbucks in the Seattle area yesterday and had an interesting little 5 minute exchange.

First, I found him extremely gracious, candid, and open. He came across as a very genuinely nice guy.

Second, when I asked him about his coaching prospects he said that he had 4 offers for a coordinator gig last year and turned them down to do TV (which he really likes) and thus, spend more time with his young family.

Of course, then I asked him about the Niners. He said that it a "great organization" and that he loved his time here. He also said he spent an entire afternoon with both Jed York and Trent Baalke before the final game last year with the Cardinals. I then asked him what he thought of Jed and he spoke very highly of him, saying that the organization is in good hands now and will be successful. He said he has known Jed since the Niner owner was 12 years old and that he is really smart and capable. He also praised Baalke and said he loves the hire of Harbaugh.

I then said that I thought he got a raw deal in Seattle (very true in my mind) and that I wished him all the best in the future, whatever he chooses to do. He then thanked me for MY time. Really good interaction.
pics or it didnt happen, jk

Thats a awesome story dude.

Glad to hear he is a cool dude, always liked him.
Nice, Jim jr does seem liek a genuine type of person. Just Imagine if it was charlie casserly...
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Nice, Jim jr does seem liek a genuine type of person. Just Imagine if it was charlie casserly...

I kinda like casserly, he seems smart.

Now Dukes is a guy that I think is a true moron, acts like he know the draft and stuff, and IMO he doesnt.
Liar
It's cool that he talked with you; however, I thought he was a horrible coach for our DB's and our defense.

I remember hearing that Tim MacDonald and the other DB's drew up their own plays. I don't remember where I read that but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
It's cool that he talked with you; however, I thought he was a horrible coach for our DB's and our defense.

I remember hearing that Tim MacDonald and the other DB's drew up their own plays. I don't remember where I read that but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

I dont think we've had a better DC since him. Manusky was ok but Mora was better. Hopefully Fangio will be great.
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Just happened to see Jim Mora Jr. in a Starbucks in the Seattle area yesterday and had an interesting little 5 minute exchange.

First, I found him extremely gracious, candid, and open. He came across as a very genuinely nice guy.

Second, when I asked him about his coaching prospects he said that he had 4 offers for a coordinator gig last year and turned them down to do TV (which he really likes) and thus, spend more time with his young family.

[b][b]Of course, then I asked him about the Niners. He said that it a "great organization" and that he loved his time here. He also said he spent an entire afternoon with both Jed York and Trent Baalke before the final game last year with the Cardinals. I then asked him what he thought of Jed and he spoke very highly of him, saying that the organization is in good hands now and will be successful. He said he has known Jed since the Niner owner was 12 years old and that he is really smart and capable. He also praised Baalke and said he loves the hire of Harbaugh. [/b][/b]
I then said that I thought he got a raw deal in Seattle (very true in my mind) and that I wished him all the best in the future, whatever he chooses to do. He then thanked me for MY time. Really good interaction.

Did he use a straw or was it lips to anus when he was blowing that smoke?

J/K...Thanks for sharing.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Liar

I don't tell lies.....I'm not a politician.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

I dont think we've had a better DC since him. Manusky was ok but Mora was better. Hopefully Fangio will be great.

uhhhhhh, no. Mora was terrible.

Jim is the man

Mora was a horrible DC imo, and Manusky was head and shoulders a superior coord.
Originally posted by WINiner:

Mora was a horrible DC imo, and Manusky was head and shoulders a superior coord.

i thought our d was horrible when mora was the dc, then again i felt we didnt have good talent on d at the time
I still wish the 49ers would have hired Mora instead of Dennis E!
He always makes fun of his father lol

''Playoffs?''
Share 49ersWebzone