LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Gus Johnson out at CBS

Shop 49ers game tickets
SI.com

- PFT
Gus is awesome. He will find another job. We havent heard the last of Gus.
wat
I hope he replaces some of the awful FOX broadcast team.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Matt Vasgersian, im looking at you!
Sad, I remember his memorable call of the UCLA-Gonzaga game:

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Sad, I remember his memorable call of the UCLA-Gonzaga game:

Morrison crying before the games even over
I'm sure this was brought up a few weeks back but Matt Millen and Theisman where out for NFLN and they where looking to bring in Gus. Wouldn't mind if he took over the Thursday and Saturday games for NFLN. Get rid of Papa even though he was the best out of the 3. Problem is what does he do for the 1st 10 or so weeks? Guess he could do the other sports....

Edit: Nevermind, just seen about Mayock and Nessler which I really like. FOX better hirer Gus then. Their teams are so much worse than CBS.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on May 5, 2011 at 18:45:25 ]
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Matt Vasgersian, im looking at you!

Did not Vasgersian go to MLB network. Chris Meyers needs to stick to sideline reporting, which he is good at, not all that good in the both. same goes for Ron Pitts. I think Gus worked for Fox back in the mid 90's when the NFL started on FOX

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Gus Johnson is about to make a s**tload of money. Polarizing figures always do.
I just don't care for him at Strikeforce events personally
SLam49ers Gus Johnson will call NFL games on FOX, meaning he covers the NFC games, meaning he'll be yelling/calling some 49ers games. Not bad.
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/announcer-gus-johnson-joins-fox-network-college-football-nfl-college-basketball-051011
Originally posted by crabman82:
SLam49ers Gus Johnson will call NFL games on FOX, meaning he covers the NFC games, meaning he'll be yelling/calling some 49ers games. Not bad.

Would love to hear him calling a willis INT for a TD...or several
Share 49ersWebzone