There are 202 users in the forums

NFL Fans Need To Band Together!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets

Originally posted by vermonator:

you should pick a day where every NFL fan calls the NFL offices and they get millions of calls on a day or a week.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
the problem is, for every fan who feels what you are saying, there is a thousand who are more than ok with being taken for granted

Don't waste your time man
  • mod
  • Veteran
I love you guys and under stand the humor but we can make a difference. I'll give it time and let you guys have your laughs but sometime you'll realize this is serious. I'm ready to go to the media, picket at team headquarters, the whole nine yards. Don't you want to be a part of history? You have a voice, use it. I'll check back in a couple of days, hopefully some of you can help with ideas of your own. In the mean time, have your fun, I can take it, but at the end of the day it's about the game we all love and how dangerously close it is to meeting its end. Think about that…

Dont forget to report back, I'd love to see how this works out for you.

I'm sorry, I dont want to be a negative nancy but its their product not ours, as much as we'd like to think we built the NFL we didnt. Goodell and the Union can do whatever the f**k they want because we are so addicted to the sport.

What are you gonna do? yell at them to start playing again? and if they dont begin the season then what, maybe write more letters to the commish?

Not only do we have no say in this debate, we have nothing to stand on... so grab your popcorn and sit back like the rest of us and watch the NFL and Union duke it out.
In order to achieve a stay pending appeal of Judge Nelson's grant of preliminary injunction, the NFL must demonstrate the following:

(1) A strong showing of likely success on the merits
(2) Irreparable harm without a stay
(3) Players are not substantially harmed by a stay
(4) Public interest favors the stay

Remaining silent allows the court to assume that the Public, that's us, is in favor of the stay...

If a permanent stay is not granted and the new league year begins then it wont matter and we all can relax and enjoy the season and get back at cracking on each other. However, in the event that the worst does happen I would like to start a petition to, at the very least, show the league our displeasure and willingness to support a nation-wide boycott of NFL tickets and merchandise.
In order to achieve a stay pending appeal of Judge Nelson's grant of preliminary injunction, the NFL must demonstrate the following:

(1) A strong showing of likely success on the merits
(2) Irreparable harm without a stay
(3) Players are not substantially harmed by a stay
(4) Public interest favors the stay

Remaining silent allows the court to assume that the Public, that's us, is in favor of the stay...

If a permanent stay is not granted and the new league year begins then it wont matter and we all can relax and enjoy the season and get back at cracking on each other. However, in the event that the worst does happen I would like to start a petition to, at the very least, show the league our displeasure and willingness to support a nation-wide boycott of NFL tickets and merchandise.

Im sure they know how the public feels
hey the draft was a good way to show how we feel but as you see that was on national tv and the commish just blew them off.. Saying I know i know i want football to. He doesnt care about football hes there for the money. You need to realize that..

I respect your movement, but what you dont understand is, many of teams unlike ours have waiting lists for tickets with 10s of thousands of people on it. If 1 guy refuses to buy tickets the next person will. All of these shops that you want to boycott have already paid for the NFL merchandise they are selling, so you wouldnt be sticking it to the NFL but to these individual stores.

All in all its a valiant effort but as much as i want football im a realist this will never been successful. Sorry
Originally posted by jreff22:

Ya, that'll work, just gif them to death. Won't be so funny when all you have are these goofy gifs and no football.

I am the 12th Man!!! Who are you, the dog?

• BobS
  • Veteran
I was hoping for a little support not cheesy insults. Don't you guys care?

Football fans are more forgiving than fans of other sports. All will be immediately forgiven once this mess is straightened out. Remember all the Crabtree hate? The minute he signed he was everybody's savior for the offense and everyone loved him. You and your immediate family will be the only ones boycotting while the rest of us are downing beers and watching the 49ers in our team hats and jerseys.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by aman49:

Ya, that'll work, just gif them to death. Won't be so funny when all you have are these goofy gifs and no football.

I am the 12th Man!!! Who are you, the dog?

Here's a link to a petition to fight the lockout... Whether it works or not at least we tried...

http://www.change.org/petitions/nfl-fans-agree-to-boycott-nfl-tickets-merchandise-during-lockout
cool i have experiance playing hte drums and guitar let me know what i should play
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
cool i have experiance playing hte drums and guitar let me know what i should play

How about a fiddle?
I love you guys and under stand the humor but we can make a difference. I'll give it time and let you guys have your laughs but sometime you'll realize this is serious. I'm ready to go to the media, picket at team headquarters, the whole nine yards. Don't you want to be a part of history? You have a voice, use it. I'll check back in a couple of days, hopefully some of you can help with ideas of your own. In the mean time, have your fun, I can take it, but at the end of the day it's about the game we all love and how dangerously close it is to meeting its end. Think about that…

Thats the webzone unfortunately, a breeding ground of immaturity and weirdos. Guess I'm just used to looking at it.

[ Edited by Willisfn4life on May 11, 2011 at 14:43:40 ]
Share 49ersWebzone