There are 284 users in the forums

kolb joining the cardinals?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by b9er37:
Philly is like the Patriots and will get max value for Kolb. I would not be suprised to see a first rounder in the deal.

Please let this happen.

Why do you want this to happen? Why would you want the only team in the West that we were better than last year to improve?

Kevin Kolb is a legit QB. He will make that team a NFCW contender again. And we will be stuck with the worst QB in the NFCW.

Please DO NOT let this happen!

Yea I agree. People seem to forget that Kolb KICKED OUR ASS last year and TORCHED our defense with ease.

So did Matt Moore, do you want him too?
Philly is like the Patriots and will get max value for Kolb. I would not be suprised to see a first rounder in the deal.

Please let this happen.

Why do you want this to happen? Why would you want the only team in the West that we were better than last year to improve?

Kevin Kolb is a legit QB. He will make that team a NFCW contender again. And we will be stuck with the worst QB in the NFCW.

I think they'll give up too much for him, and I don't think he's legit.
Its funny how some people think if Kolb just switches teams that he will have the same success elsewhere. The Eagles have way more weapons than the cardinals, not to mention the cardinals will have one of the weaker o-lines in the NFL next year. Not too worried if he goes there.

[ Edited by asu49ers on May 10, 2011 at 18:38:37 ]
Originally posted by asu49ers:
Its funny how some people think if Kolb just switches teams that he will have the same success elsewhere. The Eagles have way more weapons than the cardinals, not to mention the cardinals will have one of the weaker o-lines in the NFL next year. Not too worried if he goes there.

dont forget the eagles have one of the most pass happy coaches in the nfl

Please let this happen.

People on this forum just don't get it. Kolb is in high demand for a reason. But hey, the posters here on 49erswebzone.com have reviewed his QB rating and decided that Alex Smith is a better QB, which is horrible news for Kevin Kolb because Alex Smith sucks.

The guy is going to be a good QB. I don't want him in the NFC West - on any team. You can find reasons to hate on him if that's what makes you feel better, but there's a reason Philly's asking price is so damn high and a reason teams are actually considering giving them what they want.

Put it like this, I haven't heard any rumblings about any team eying Alex Smith (yes, I know they can't come out and say anything yet because of the lockout, but we've all heard the rumblings about Kolb and Palmer to SF, so...). Since Alex's QB rating is better, why do you think teams want Kolb, but have shown no interest in Alex? Oh that's riiiiiight, I forgot, you can't judge everything on stats alone. Alex's checkdowns and refusal to take risks makes his QB rating look better than he actually is.

Kolb >>>>>> Alex and it isn't close. The reason I bring this up is because the QB rating suggests otherwise, but you can't rely on that alone. Kevin Kolb will be legit, and acting like you want him on a team we'll see twice a year and have to compete for the division with is ridiculous.

[ Edited by 49erRider on May 11, 2011 at 09:31:20 ]
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Please let this happen.

People on this forum just don't get it. Kolb is in high demand for a reason. But hey, the posters here on 49erswebzone.com have reviewed his QB rating and decided that Alex Smith is a better QB, which is horrible news for Kevin Kolb because Alex Smith sucks.

The guy is going to be a good QB. I don't want him in the NFC West - on any team. You can find reasons to hate on him if that's what makes you feel better, but there's a reason Philly's asking price is so damn high and a reason teams are actually considering giving them what they want.

Put it like this, I haven't heard any rumblings about any team eying Alex Smith (yes, I know they can't come out and say anything yet because of the lockout, but we've all heard the rumblings about Kolb and Palmer to SF, so...). Since Alex's QB rating is better, why do you think teams want Kolb, but have shown no interest in Alex? Oh that's riiiiiight, I forgot, you can't judge everything on stats alone. Alex's checkdowns and refusal to take risks makes his QB rating look better than he actually is.

Kolb >>>>>> Alex and it isn't close. The reason I bring this up is because the QB rating suggests otherwise, but you can't rely on that alone. Kevin Kolb will be legit, and acting like you want him on a team we'll see twice a year and have to compete for the division with is ridiculous.

maybe some of us acting like its no big deal if kolb is in the division can be seen as ridiculous, but no more ridiculous than your forgone conclusion that kolb will be legit
Originally posted by crabman82:

Please let this happen.

maybe some of us acting like its no big deal if kolb is in the division can be seen as ridiculous, but no more ridiculous than your forgone conclusion that kolb will be legit

That may be true, but my conclusion is shared by many in the National Football League. Your conclusion is only shared on a fan forum.

But hey, go ahead and hope for a division rival to get better. The fact is, and I doubt any of you will dispute this, Kevin Kolb is better than anyone the Cardinals have at QB. Why would you want them to upgrade? I hope they sign someone even worse than what they have, not someone better. Giving up draft picks is fine and all, but sometimes teams blow those picks during the draft anyway.

[ Edited by 49erRider on May 11, 2011 at 11:20:38 ]

Please let this happen.

That may be true, but my conclusion is shared by many in the National Football League. Your conclusion is only shared on a fan forum.

But hey, go ahead and hope for a division rival to get better. The fact is, and I doubt any of you will dispute this, Kevin Kolb is better than anyone the Cardinals have at QB. Why would you want them to upgrade? I hope they sign someone even worse than what they have, not someone better. Giving up draft picks is fine and all, but sometimes teams blow those picks during the draft anyway.

I've watched enough games of Kolb from Houston and Philly to know that I would welcome this trade to the Cardinals. He's overrated IMO because the free agents QBs aren't that great. His composure under pressure really affects his accuracy, he has fumbling issues, and on top of that, may have durability concerns. Go ahead and let the Cardinals have the guy. The Cardinals have a terrible offensive line and no proven running back to take the pressure off of Kolb.

I wouldn't trade future 1st/2nd round picks for an unproven QB like Kolb.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Please let this happen.

I've watched enough games of Kolb from Houston and Philly to know that I would welcome this trade to the Cardinals. He's overrated IMO because the free agents QBs aren't that great. His composure under pressure really affects his accuracy, he has fumbling issues, and on top of that, may have durability concerns. Go ahead and let the Cardinals have the guy. The Cardinals have a terrible offensive line and no proven running back to take the pressure off of Kolb.

You wouldn't, but people who work in the NFL would. Coincidence? Doubtful.

I just don't want them, or any other team in our division, to get better.

[ Edited by 49erRider on May 11, 2011 at 11:34:49 ]

Please let this happen.

I'd rather they take Kolb and give up numerous draft picks, than have them get an opportunity to draft Luck, Barkley, Jones in next year's draft.

Please let this happen.

I'd rather they take Kolb and give up numerous draft picks, than have them get an opportunity to draft Luck, Barkley, Jones in next year's draft.

i agree its either tehm getting kolb this year or them getting a top 1b prospect next year ill let tehm have kolb

Please let this happen.

Except many in the National Football League are often wrong as well....but you knew that.

-9fA

Please let this happen.

Whoa! don't lump me in with Alex Smith lovers just because I don't think Kolb is anything special. He got beat out of his job easily by Mike Vick... He can't be that great.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by Eli_23:

Please let this happen.

Yea I agree. People seem to forget that Kolb KICKED OUR ASS last year and TORCHED our defense with ease.

So did Matt Moore, do you want him too?

Would not mind having him at all. Hes got decent arm strength, good enough to make all the throws in the NFL, also manages the game well. Would be a nice option coming off the bench.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
two 2nd round picks should do it

good i hope they take that deal with that much invested in him they wont take one of teh qb prospects next year
Share 49ersWebzone