LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

2011 NFL Draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by igot49reasons:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
I really like the first two picks and Kendell Hunter. Outside of that, I can't say I'm excited, mostly because of the position selection. I'm sure it will work itself out.

Well, we did need a few OL, we did need a fast reciever, and we did need secondary help...

I would of liked to see a NT in the 3rd or another rushing OLB. Culliver may be good, but it's hard to see him having an impact next year.

A guard selection is ok, but two is annoying. Are we going to let Wragge, Snyder and Rachal go? WHo is going to be our Center if Baas doesn't come back? Center is a huge need. Wragge sucks and Baas may not return.

Also, CB doesn't strike me as one of those positions that you find in later rounds. Maybe I'm wrong.

sam shields was an undrafted free agent for the packers. it can happen. Not saying houston, because i dont even know who the heck he is

Tramon Williams was a 7th Rd. and was actually cut by the Texans before making it to GB
Aldon Smith = 8.4
Colin Kaepernick = 6.8
Chris Culliver = 5.3
Kendell Hunter = 6.4
Daniel Kilgore = 2.0
Ronald Johnson = 3.8
Colin Jones = 0.0
Bruce Miller = 4.9
Michael Person = 2.0
Curtis Holcomb = 0.0

Player = NFL.com Grade (0.0 means unrated)
Originally posted by KID9R:
Well cbc draft scout ranks up to 744 prospects and Holcomb isn't one of them.

yeah baalke's an idiot.
49ers selected Florida A&M CB Curtis Holcomb with the No. 250 overall pick in the 2011 NFL draft.
Holcomb notched only 10 interceptions his final three seasons at Florida A&M, but that was likely just because MEAC quarterbacks knew to avoid him. He's a tad under-sized at 5-foot-10, 192 pounds, and ran a 4.47 40 this offseason. Special teams are in his future.

rotoworld.com
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

yeah baalke's an idiot.

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
49ers selected Florida A&M CB Curtis Holcomb with the No. 250 overall pick in the 2011 NFL draft.
Holcomb notched only 10 interceptions his final three seasons at Florida A&M, but that was likely just because MEAC quarterbacks knew to avoid him. He's a tad under-sized at 5-foot-10, 192 pounds, and ran a 4.47 40 this offseason. Special teams are in his future.

rotoworld.com

Yeah, he had at least 2 each year. He's a ball hawk that just needs some coaching. I hope he turns into our own Tramon Williams.
Originally posted by niners94:

yeah baalke's an idiot.

I was obviously being sarcastic lol.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

rotoworld.com

Yep if Colin Jones and Holcomb can become special teams stars, then those picks were well worth it. Seely is know for running top ST units and a big part of that is finding players that fit his system. Colin Jones looks like another potential Curtis Buckley type player but more athletic.

yeah baalke's an idiot.

Ya because you know soo much more then him lol!
Originally posted by niners94:

yeah baalke's an idiot.

I was obviously being sarcastic lol.

I'm liking the Kendall Hunter pick.
The posters on this board crack me up! 90% wanted Jim Harbaugh as Head Coach. Supposedly Habaugh has his stamp on this draft class? So now does everyone want his head before any of these players drafted today have even played a down in the NFL? Amazing! Either you trust Trent and Jim or I guess you are getting off the train? Personally I have no idea if any of these players will be stars or busts, so I will wait and see and hope that Trent and Jim know what they where doing? To me the sky is not falling like a good portion of you think!
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I'm liking the Kendall Hunter pick.

Some guy kept referring to him as Lindsay Hunter on TV, was driving me nuts like dude, that guy used to play for the damn Pistons. Ayyy......
I live in MT and have seen Person play many times. The guy is very good. It was a great pick in my opinion. He is a great pick.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by igot49reasons:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
I really like the first two picks and Kendell Hunter. Outside of that, I can't say I'm excited, mostly because of the position selection. I'm sure it will work itself out.

Well, we did need a few OL, we did need a fast reciever, and we did need secondary help...

I would of liked to see a NT in the 3rd or another rushing OLB. Culliver may be good, but it's hard to see him having an impact next year.

A guard selection is ok, but two is annoying. Are we going to let Wragge, Snyder and Rachal go? WHo is going to be our Center if Baas doesn't come back? Center is a huge need. Wragge sucks and Baas may not return.

Also, CB doesn't strike me as one of those positions that you find in later rounds. Maybe I'm wrong.

sam shields was an undrafted free agent for the packers. it can happen. Not saying houston, because i dont even know who the heck he is

Tramon Williams was a 7th Rd. and was actually cut by the Texans before making it to GB

come on guys, obviously I'm not saying it can't happen. All Im saying is the draft didn't fit my expectations in the 3rd and later rounds. Clearly, they know better than I do, but I still feel disappointed.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Apr 30, 2011 at 16:47:28 ]
Share 49ersWebzone