LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Matt Millen/Joe Theismann fired from the NFL Network

Shop 49ers game tickets
Good. Couldnt stand Theisman. He is an as$. Millen was a decent announcer but he must have lost it.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Good. Couldnt stand Theisman. He is an as$. Millen was a decent announcer but he must have lost it.

Problem with Millen is that how can anyone buy what he was saying with his track history. He wasn't very credible imo.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Problem with Millen is that how can anyone buy what he was saying with his track history. He wasn't very credible imo.

You know its not like Millen took over the Steelers and turned them into the Lions. He took over a s**tty team and left a s**tty team. The only real head-scratcher to me was the several 1st round WRs they took in a row. I think he gets too much blame for the Lions... they've been s**t for half a century.
Greg Papa or whatever his name is that announces the NFL Network games sucks too. So boring and monotone. He needs to be fired too.
I like Millen as an analyst/commentator. He always had good commentary. Its easy to say that him being a gm he's trash and doesn't know anything. Just because he was in over his head as a gm, doesn't mean he doesn't know football. Thats like saying since Singletary sucked as a head coach he doesn't know jack sh!t about football when its quite the opposite. Guys like Millen have forgotten more about the game than we will ever know. But yes, his pick choices sucked.
maybe Cincy will pick them up as their new GM HC combo
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by :

Theisman is maybe the worst commentator in nfl history. He just stinks all around.

NFLN is so 2nd rate with their coverage of games. sound quality sucks the hd feed sucks and then they hire complete idiots for the booth.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Gus Johnson deserves a shot to call some of the better, nationally televised games. He's one of, if not the best in the league right now. He's personally my favorite to listen to on gameday. Unfortunately he calls AFC games.

Haha he gets excited on any play... "Gore up the middle HURDLES A MAN AND BREAKS A TACKLE and that will be a gain of 7 on the play."

The guy is still awesome! Don't tell me that you didn't love the COLD-BLOODED call.

Gus Johnson is good, but I think he over-exagerates his play calls. Things are not that as exciting as he makes it out to be.
is gus johnson the guy on madden
Originally posted by aman49:
Greg Papa or whatever his name is that announces the NFL Network games sucks too. So boring and monotone. He needs to be fired too.
Share 49ersWebzone