There are 160 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Matt Millen/Joe Theismann fired from the NFL Network

  • VDSF
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,360
Before becoming the worst general manager in the history of mankind, Matt Millen was a decent on-air talent for FOX. After burying the Detroit Lions franchise so deep it touched the earth's core, the NFL Network gave Millen a chance to remove his tail from between his legs and recapture his broadcasting status.


That prowess lasted all of a couple years as the NFL Network canned Millen along with former decent player/big mouth/name dropper Joe Theismann. The assumed reasoning for their dismissal is from heavy criticism from fans - yes, even those outside of Detroit. The early scoop has Gus Johnson replacing him. That's like replacing your '89 Ford Fiesta with a 2012 Cadillac XTS.


Fair enough, after displaying the leadership and decision-making skills of a monkey (which may be giving him too much credit), how were fans not supposed to second guess his on-air brilliance. His best post-Lions moments including dissecting players' abilities as though he knows a thing or two about that.

Link

[ Edited by VDSF on Apr 15, 2011 at 3:42 PM ]
Gus Johnson deserves a shot to call some of the better, nationally televised games. He's one of, if not the best in the league right now. He's personally my favorite to listen to on gameday. Unfortunately he calls AFC games.
Originally posted by VDSF:
Before becoming the worst general manager in the history of mankind, Matt Millen was a decent on-air talent for FOX. After burying the Detroit Lions franchise so deep it touched the earth's core, the NFL Network gave Millen a chance to remove his tail from between his legs and recapture his broadcasting status.


That prowess lasted all of a couple years as the NFL Network canned Millen along with former decent player/big mouth/name dropper Joe Theismann. The assumed reasoning for their dismissal is from heavy criticism from fans - yes, even those outside of Detroit. The early scoop has Gus Johnson replacing him. That's like replacing your '89 Ford Fiesta with a 2012 Cadillac XTS.


Fair enough, after displaying the leadership and decision-making skills of a monkey (which may be giving him too much credit), how were fans not supposed to second guess his on-air brilliance. His best post-Lions moments including dissecting players' abilities as though he knows a thing or two about that.

Link


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I LOVE STEVE YOUNG . HE PWNED MATT MILLEN BECAUSE MILLEN IS A NOOB AND THEN SITS THEIR AND LAUGHS.
good
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Gus Johnson deserves a shot to call some of the better, nationally televised games. He's one of, if not the best in the league right now. He's personally my favorite to listen to on gameday. Unfortunately he calls AFC games.

Haha he gets excited on any play... "Gore up the middle HURDLES A MAN AND BREAKS A TACKLE and that will be a gain of 7 on the play."
  • Paul
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,726
I can understand not having Millen there, he has no credibility anymore and maybe only maybe should do radio.. not sure why Theisman got the axe I've always generally liked him. Maybe he can call UFL games
I've never liked theismann
i thought matt millen was on ESPN?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i thought matt millen was on ESPN?

he did Thursday night games
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
good
That's too bad. Theismann would have bent over backwards for them.




Or at least his leg would have.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i thought matt millen was on ESPN?

..and he still is.

The NFL network has a history of hiring the worst announcers.

-9fA
Theeseman was/is a jerk
I didnt mind Millen too much. Ive always hated Theismann though. Hes the worst announcer ever, even worse than Dennis Miller.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
That's too bad. Theismann would have bent over backwards for them.




Or at least his leg would have.

O Snap
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home