There are 197 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver, South Carolina

Shop 49ers game tickets
Culliver is a solid cover corner. He has solid speed and typical is right with his man. The problem is he is HORRIFIC in locating the ball and not only does that lead to SO MANY receivers making the catch despite the good coverage, it causes him to take pass interference penalties when he doesn't look for the ball.

Basically, right now Culliver's awful deficiencies almost totally negate his skill in coverage. He's good until the ball is thrown his way, pretty much. Chicago found that out and then kept coming after him.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
I think Joe Flacco should chip in some of Culliver's next check since Culliver basically made him rich during the Superbowl
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Culliver is a solid cover corner. He has solid speed and typical is right with his man. The problem is he is HORRIFIC in locating the ball and not only does that lead to SO MANY receivers making the catch despite the good coverage, it causes him to take pass interference penalties when he doesn't look for the ball.

Basically, right now Culliver's awful deficiencies almost totally negate his skill in coverage. He's good until the ball is thrown his way, pretty much. Chicago found that out and then kept coming after him.

you sure

that was culliver covering marshall and not ward
Cully is stinky a little bit but ward is full blown stinking it up thus far. I hope the DB coach sees flaws and they are correcting them rather than ward simply getting beat. I think ward has given up five TD's so far.
Cully reminds me of Amhed Plummer.
I think Culliver is fine. I dont think Seattle's DBs would look well playing in a 49ers uniform right now. Quarterbacks are getting an eternity to throw with perfect pockets. It is like we are doing 7 on 7 scrimmages right now, with no defense rushing. None of our DBs have looked good, but its hard to look good when the Qb has 5,6,7 seconds and no pressure to find an open receiver.
[ Edited by hohbie on Sep 24, 2014 at 5:11 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Agree 100%
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Cully reminds me of Amhed Plummer.

Only thing similar is the number.
whats wrong with cully??

I like this dude from the get go, dude brought some swagger to the secondary in his first years, and his confidence was there on show.

But since the SB media fall out and his season ending injury, the guy has not been himself.

His unwillingness to not go in and tackle the ball carrier is a big concern for me, you need to be able to tackle your man to the ground in this 49ers D.

This unwillingness has lead to TDs. one thats fresh is against the Chiefs

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014100511/2014/REG5/chiefs@49ers#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000406012&tab=recap

If Cully had gone after De'Anthony Thomas and tackled him to the sidelines instead of sitting back and loading up on the shoulder barge I dont think its a TD, Thomas was a a couple of grass clippings from the white stuff. Cully going in to tackle him would have got Thomas over on the side lines.

Hope this guy gets back on track, otherwise hes gonna smell whats Cooking.
Am I the only one that thinks he's played well?

Originally posted by murphy25:

He's getting better each week
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

better and better. he's almost there its crazy cause we're 5 games in and we've been basically working into becoming a great team.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

He seems to be getting more confidence every week, but still has problems finding the ball & playing way to far off giving up very easy 3rd down throws. Hope he gets better as the defense has too.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Could he be turning gay
Soft like poo
Share 49ersWebzone