There are 156 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver, South Carolina

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
nothing is happening until the process is over with. if aldon has dragged his legal troubles throughout the season he wouldn't have been suspended until it was all done.

same for culliver who i think is going to surprise people. i really feel we have 2 lockdown corners on the outside in him and brock.

I feel like neither is shutdown corner

cully's major weakness is getting beat deep and often inability to find the ball in the air. he is prone to some horrible games (see lloyd destroying him in 2012, superbowl, and a few other games where he was lucky to have crappy QBs overthrow the ball). his man skills are great but those two things are concerns for me
brock's major weakness is being too eager to jump routes, which can come back and bite him in the ass (see jags TD last year)

obviously no corner out there is perfect, but I feel like we're far away from labeling these two lockdown corners just yet.
understood but remember the last time we saw culliver he was a rookie out there on the biggest stage.. those were his growing pains. he's had an entire year to just study this defense and now he's out there with the mental aspects in check.

brock, again last year was his 1st chance to get in there, now he's a "vet' and from all accounts spent the summer working on the mental aspect as well. im saying lock down potential because we've seen them both shine early, and given the time that they've had to study if they just stick to what they know, there aren't any physical weaknesses between the 2. only mental
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
If Michael Sam gets activated and plays, I can picture Cully begging Harbaugh to let him play on offense for a series or two
[ Edited by LVJay on Sep 2, 2014 at 9:24 PM ]
Originally posted by LVJay:
If Michael Sam gets activated and plays, I can picture Cully begging Harbaugh to let him play on offense for a series or two

Cully don't like that sweet stuff.
Sam is just getting signed to the practice squad...wouldn't see any field time this week fo sho
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

He'll try to hurt MS on a block or something

That is too close to the alleged sweet stuff.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
nothing is happening until the process is over with. if aldon has dragged his legal troubles throughout the season he wouldn't have been suspended until it was all done.

same for culliver who i think is going to surprise people. i really feel we have 2 lockdown corners on the outside in him and brock.

I am not so sure about that. It is hard to know what we have ... hardly any of the starters played. I think the key will be the pass rush as far as out corners looking good. I sure hope they can pressure the QB without Smith and Bowman.

They have the basic tools, but we are going to have the evidence pretty quickly since our front 7 will be without Bowman and Aldon Smith. I'm hoping our secondary can do a better job of actually prevent passes and causing turnovers.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lockdown corner? Culliver? Last time we saw him, he was getting burnt left and right in the SB.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

That is too close to the alleged sweet stuff.

Yeah, I guess he could get a little in too deep there.....
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

I am not so sure about that. It is hard to know what we have ... hardly any of the starters played. I think the key will be the pass rush as far as out corners looking good. I sure hope they can pressure the QB without Smith and Bowman.

They have the basic tools, but we are going to have the evidence pretty quickly since our front 7 will be without Bowman and Aldon Smith. I'm hoping our secondary can do a better job of actually prevent passes and causing turnovers.

That's the difference people aren't talking about. Instead of just playing good coverage, waiting to see if the wr catches it and then immediately tackling. the db's we have back there now will make a play on the ball.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
lockdown corner? Culliver? Last time we saw him, he was getting burnt left and right in the SB.

he was a part of the 1st half horrible 2nd half lock down defensive effort of the sb run.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

he was a part of the 1st half horrible 2nd half lock down defensive effort of the sb run.

Entire secondary was literally, LOST that game. We've obviously weren't prepared for 15 Hail Mary passes. Whitner alone gave up two EASY TD's. Brown, Rogers, Culliver, etc. Horrendous!
Get ready Cook! If there is one thing you can count on, it's guaranteed injuries to our starting CB's (since, forever).
Originally posted by NCommand:
Entire secondary was literally, LOST that game. We've obviously weren't prepared for 15 Hail Mary passes. Whitner alone gave up two EASY TD's. Brown, Rogers, Culliver, etc. Horrendous!

this is when i started to believe in the power of the halftime vicjustments

but also i believe some of that was on goldson

everyone would be cussing at him 80% of the time after the play
[ Edited by jonesadrian on Sep 4, 2014 at 10:41 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

this is when i started to believe in the power of the halftime vicjustments

but also i believe some of that was on goldson

everyone would be cussing at him 80% of the time after the play

Goldson was probably the least disciplined of all of them!
Share 49ersWebzone