LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver, South Carolina

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch
Random stat: Per @PFF, QBs have a 14.6 rating (5 of 16, 38 yards, INT) when targeting #49ers CB Chris Culliver this season.

Its great that we know how good this guy is and no one else. . . .. yet.
am I crazy to think this guy could do a good job of coving Victor Cruz this weekend... better then Rogers?
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
am I crazy to think this guy could do a good job of coving Victor Cruz this weekend... better then Rogers?

Hard to say. Cruz plays mostly in the slot. Culliver plays on the outside in our nickel package, with Rogers covering the slot. I think Culliver has the skills to stick with anyone though. He looks like a #1 corner when he's out there. Probably a better player than T. Brown right now.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Hard to say. Cruz plays mostly in the slot. Culliver plays on the outside in our nickel package, with Rogers covering the slot. I think Culliver has the skills to stick with anyone though. He looks like a #1 corner when he's out there. Probably a better player than T. Brown right now.

I really feel like T. Brown and Culliver are already our best corners right now IMO.... I can't really think of Cully or Brown getting beat this year.

Culliver is fast and big (6'0). Rogers is a little smaller, but probably has much better technique which is huge in the slot.
I was sold on this dude when he contained megatron last season! I want to get his jersey now
Originally posted by verb1der:
I was sold on this dude when he contained megatron last season! I want to get his jersey now

well lets not get carried away, dont think it was him containing megatron as much as it was a group effort. He almost always had help when we went up against CJ.
Originally posted by ruthless49er:

well lets not get carried away, dont think it was him containing megatron as much as it was a group effort. He almost always had help when we went up against CJ.

well you know what I mean maaaaaan!
I was scratching my head during this pick in the draft. Didn't take me too long to figure out this kid is the real deal though.

I could see him being our #1 CB in the next year or two.
well you know what I mean maaaaaan!

lol dont get me wrong everytime he was around CJ i was throwin up my hands yelling CULLY IN THE HOUSE! all game

• Garce
  • Veteran
Culliver and Brown are really our best corners, hence why Culliver covers Calvin Johnson and why Rogers covers the slot on 3rd Downs.
Chris Culliver > Patrick Peterson
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Chris Culliver > Patrick Peterson

At covering WR's, I completely agree.

Does anyone have the numbers on these two since they came in the league? Like, number of attempts thrown there way, yards given up, QB completion percentage against them etc. Or if you could point me in the direction of where to find those stats, that would be excellent.

It would be interesting to see how they stack up against each other threw the last 21 games.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Chris PI Culliver.
Alot of people hated this pick. Good thing no one here is in our draft room! I think he is a great player. Idk if he can be a really good starter in this league but he is a hell of a third corner!
Share 49ersWebzone