There are 247 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver, South Carolina

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Culliver will be alright...he got burned a few times this season, but he got the best on the job training there is. I expect great things from him next year. He turned out be a great pick.
I dont think Culliver is ready to take Rogers place in the secondary just yet........the only reason that Tarrell Brown played decent enough was Rogers made him better & i dont think this is the case if both Culliver & Brown start week 1.........i can see him starting down the line for us but not just yet we might take steps backwards on defense if they guys are our starting DB's next season

We need Rogers back.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
We need Rogers back.

I agree hopefully him and Alex give us a break, so we can upgrade other positions.
I don't think this guy gets enough credit. He played extremely well as a rookie last year and it looks like he elevated his game this offseason.

Not only did he make a brilliant play to seal the victory, but you rarely heard his name called today (which is sometimes good for a cornerback). I believe—correct me if I'm wrong—he was matched up on an island with Jordy Nelson all game today, and he only came away with 5 catches for 64 yards. Not bad at all if you ask me, especially since Nelson was Rogers favorite target last year.

I think Culliver is going to be a 49er for a long, long time. Great find by Baalke and company.
I love reading the first few pages where people wanted to crucify Baalke for drafting him. Dudes and stud and Baalke proved he can find gems anywhere in the Draft.
Culliver and Brown made 2 of the best plays in the secondary against the Packs. Can't ask any better from a CB.
All three corners are solid. What I love about them is they're nasty when they tackle too. When all 11 players on the defense can tackle... watch out opposing offenses.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Culliver and Brown made 2 of the best plays in the secondary against the Packs. Can't ask any better from a CB.

Yep, the long ball early on to Jones was a beautiful breakup by Brown. Culliver saved us on the last play... he catches that we go to OT if they score a TD and 2 pt conversion. All around great play by the secondary considering how much those guys had to cover. Wish Whitner would have caught that int though.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 9, 2012 at 10:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Yep, the long ball early on to Jones was a beautiful breakup by Brown. Culliver saved us on the last play... he catches that we go to OT if they score a TD and 2 pt conversion. All around great play by the secondary considering how much those guys had to cover. Wish Whitner would have caught that int though.

OMG!... would have saved us all the late game stress. Holy sh*t.

Culliver is a stud.

Still would have been some time left but even if it wasn't a pick 6 we probably run 3 times and kick the field goal and make it an 11 point game. You're right would have saved us a bit of stress.

1-10-GB16(3:37) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short left to G.Jennings (D.Whitner).
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Bowman was money after that punt. Aaron Roger 1 int, Alex Smith None! Game manager!
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Bowman was money after that punt. Aaron Roger 1 int, Alex Smith None! Game manager!

Hey, Alex out game managed Aaron.
Culliver locked down whatever receiver he was matched up against. They barely attacked him. S
Share 49ersWebzone