There are 176 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver, South Carolina

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
all his problems are coachable just needs to take better angles on tackles

his coverage is solid

this. The guy has been a pleasant surprise this year. Absolutely hated pick by the fans, but has quietly been having a great rookie season. He gets overshadowed by Rogers and Goldson.

Oh, and anyone else see Tarell Brown today? The guy is not as bad as some make him out to be. He's actually pretty good.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
this. The guy has been a pleasant surprise this year. Absolutely hated pick by the fans, but has quietly been having a great rookie season. He gets overshadowed by Rogers and Goldson.

Oh, and anyone else see Tarell Brown today? The guy is not as bad as some make him out to be. He's actually pretty good.

Agree on Brown. He gets picked on by the fans because the rest of the D is so stellar. Brown is a solid player, he definitely held his own tonight.
So it would appear that our backfield is able to play with the big boys and helped us to win. I am glad for Culliver and I am glad he is improving week by week. Rogers, Brown, Culliver is pretty sweet with Spencer at #4. I hope we can get another CB in the off season.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Agree on Brown. He gets picked on by the fans because the rest of the D is so stellar. Brown is a solid player, he definitely held his own tonight.

I still think Brown is a #3 CB. There were a few occasions where he got beat bad but Big Ben didnt see it. I dont think he deserves to get cut like a lot of people but I dont think he's a starter.

Lets not get carried away here. We finally have a front 7 that benefits our DB's. There is a reason why they are all ball hawks.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I still think Brown is a #3 CB. There were a few occasions where he got beat bad but Big Ben didnt see it. I dont think he deserves to get cut like a lot of people but I dont think he's a starter.

Lets not get carried away here. We finally have a front 7 that benefits our DB's. There is a reason why they are all ball hawks.

This. Culliver will be starting alongside Rogers next season with Brown being the #3 unless we draft a CB high in the draft or trade Brown away.
whats up with his play as of late?

Dudes been getting too feisty with opposing WR's
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:

I hope he starts next season and makes the league his b***h!

I'm perfectly ok with him suplexing Brandon Lloyd.

Not sure wht his deal is over the last few games. I do know it sure seems like he won't back down from any reciever which is a good thing. Just don't want any team killing penalties.
Originally posted by tohara3:

Not sure wht his deal is over the last few games. I do know it sure seems like he won't back down from any reciever which is a good thing. Just don't want any team killing penalties.

people in the gameday thread mentioned he was on twitter new years eve/night mentioning he was tipsy/buzzed or something

not sure if true
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:

I think he gives Andre Johnson a better fight than Finnegan.

He'd still get his ass broke, though.

people in the gameday thread mentioned he was on twitter new years eve/night mentioning he was tipsy/buzzed or something

not sure if true

no

he said its funnny because a lot of people will have to go to church with a hangover
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

not sure if true

no

he said its funnny because a lot of people will have to go to church with a hangover

o

ok then
He is a promising young player that may be good however now he is our weak link on d and I thing spencer might be a better nickel than him. Brown has awesome ball skills and is fast and Rogers is great however Culliver seems to be the only one getting beat consistently. Against the saints Colton against the giants this year he allowed a long td and luckily manning overthrew manning ham I believe or else the game would of been tied. He has had some good games but just bc he is in good position most of the time doesn't mean we should keep starting him in the playoffs. Spencer was a good cb and right now may be the better option. Your thoughts?

By the way since they will be doubling vd and Webster can handle Crabtree for the most part our passing offense has to come from Williams and gore and hunter on passes especially since the giants do is good at pressuring and lbs are slow?
why do you think spencer is better right now, he has barely played all year, he could be terrible now for all we know
I don't see anything changing on the Niner D. The coaches have had situations this year where we could of gone to him but they haven't. But I do think that Culliver needs to step up his game, but he's had good coverage but Drew Brees was making great passes.

We are going to need Culliver to play well if get to the Superbowl and face brady and all of his weapons.
Share 49ersWebzone