LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 322 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver, South Carolina

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by valrod33:
have you seen aldon play at all this preseason?

Dude can get to the qb and with multiple moves. Sure he has some work to do in coverage but ass a pass rusher he is NFL ready

That's my new motto.
Originally posted by jreff22:
I would rather see Crabs ride the pine for a bit, he hasn't earned anything with this staff and has no timing down in the new system.

i believe it has been said crabtree will not start the season either morgan or ginn will start alongside edwards (hopefully morgan)
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
i see great things from Culliver in 1-2 years. every knock on him is pretty easy to fix.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by valrod33:
have you seen aldon play at all this preseason?

Dude can get to the qb and with multiple moves. Sure he has some work to do in coverage but ass a pass rusher he is NFL ready

That's my new motto.

New? That's not what you said two months ago. Well... maybe you said "pass on ass".

you must be thinking of someone else, good sir, because I have never, and will never, say such a ridiculous thing.
I'm very, very impressed with this guy. He has tremendous speed, good size and seems to have good technique and a feel for the game. Even on passes completed he had good coverage. He was right there. Just great throws. And the interception was real good. I think he shows a lot for a real young guy and is pretty far ahead compared where you would expect him to be at this point. I believe his future is very bright. He has a real big upside. Something tells me he is far better than the 3rd round he was picked in. Just watching him in person he's very impressive and speedy and athletic.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 2, 2011 at 4:42 AM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'm very, very impressed with this guy. He has tremendous speed, good size and seems to have good technique and a feel for the game. Even on passes completed he had good coverage. He was right there. Just great throws. And the interception was real good. I think he shows a lot for a real young guy and is pretty far ahead compared where you would expect him to be at this point. I believe his future is very bright. He has a real big upside. Something tells me he is far better than the 3rd round he was picked in. Just watching him in person he's very impressive and speedy and athletic.

Agreed. And if not at CB, I think he could be a big time asset at the FS position. I'd imagine we'd be targeting a legit CB in next year's FA or draft.
Originally posted by GEEK:

Agreed. And if not at CB, I think he could be a big time asset at the FS position. I'd imagine we'd be targeting a legit CB in next year's FA or draft.

I think he's got the skills for CB. He's got the speed and technique. Even passes that were completed he has like blanket coverage. Sometimes they just make a real good throw. Maybe Safety in FA or Draft next year. I'd keep Culliver where he is. I can see him being an eventual starter at CB. I think he is that good. I don't see backup for long with him.
Looks like Baalke found a gem.
It's fun going back to the beginning of this thread and reading people's reaction to drafting this guy.
Originally posted by GEEK:

I think he's got the skills for CB. He's got the speed and technique. Even passes that were completed he has like blanket coverage. Sometimes they just make a real good throw. Maybe Safety in FA or Draft next year. I'd keep Culliver where he is. I can see him being an eventual starter at CB. I think he is that good. I don't see backup for long with him.

Great stuff to hear. I think Culliver can become a very good corner with coaching and experience in this league. He has all the physical tools and seems to always be right with his man in coverage. Can't wait to see this kid grow as the season goes along.

Culliver needs to learn to get his head turned and make a play on the ball. The throws against him often go entirely uncontested even when he has an easy chance for a play on them. He does not seem to have great awareness/sense of where the ball is.

In my opinion he is a much, much better fit at safety and should've been drafted to play there in the first place. With Williams and Goldson likely gone after this year, I think they should move Culliver to FS if they can't find anyone else and wind up signing/drafting starting CBs. If Reggie Smith can't stay healthy and/or is let go, by doing this we could then have..

FS: Culliver, Reggie, Spillman
SS: Whitner, Colin Jones

CB: Spencer, FA/Rookie, Brock, Brown, Rookie/Adams
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 2, 2011 at 3:09 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Culliver needs to learn to get his head turned and make a play on the ball. The throws against him often go entirely uncontested even when he has an easy chance for a play on them. He does not seem to have great awareness/sense of where the ball is.

In my opinion he is a much, much better fit at safety and should've been drafted to play there in the first place. With Williams and Goldson likely gone after this year, I think they should move Culliver to FS if they can't find anyone else and wind up signing/drafting starting CBs. If Reggie Smith can't stay healthy and/or is let go, by doing this we could then have..

Didn’t you know that it’s a pre-requisite to not turn your head when the ball is in the air, in order to be a Niner DB? Absolutely drives me crazy.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Where I can watch his INT from yesterday. I stopped watching the game at half time, gym is more important then pre season football.
Originally posted by susweel:
Where I can watch his INT from yesterday. I stopped watching the game at half time, gym is more important then pre season football.

Come on bro you telling me you can't use the shake weight and watch the game at the same time?
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Disagree. Ball awareness will come in time. It's his first season and he's still learning. It's too early to say that he's struggling with this...also the fact that we've probably seen less than 5 balls thrown his way.

FS is one of the toughest positions to learn in the nfl. Yes, he has college experience in it but I think he'll get on the field a lot faster and start learning as a #2 or 3 corner than at fs.

Guess we should be drafting a safety next year though.what did you think of him in the sd game?
Share 49ersWebzone