LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver, South Carolina

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I'll keep saying this; "Jim Harbaugh had Tony Romo and David Garrad graded better than Joey Harrington." When other teams didn't even have Romo on their draft board! I think Jim knows what to look for in a player, and trust his coaching skills a lot.

Hmmmmm!!!!!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Ugh we should've traded back some more. We could've got this guy in the 4th. Baalke is a dumbass.

Baalke isn't running the draft by himself. Remember all defensive coaches are in that war room and have had input. So it's not just Baalke you're calling a dumbass, it's also Vic Fangio and Ed Donnatel. There's no way you can separate the two unless you're sure the entire defensive staff wanted someone else and Baalke insisted on this one person, it's not all on him.

Wow, Baalke isn't stupid with this pick. I predicted Culliver would go in the third. He's a very good safety prospect, and is likely the one who'll replace Goldson.

nice!
Just read that he will be a corner for us. Not a safety. This was from branchs latest article
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I'll keep saying this; "Jim Harbaugh had Tony Romo and David Garrad graded better than Joey Harrington." When other teams didn't even have Romo on their draft board! I think Jim knows what to look for in a player, and trust his coaching skills a lot.

Hmmmmm!!!!!

Only time can tell, and for the moment I trust coach.
Originally posted by SDDAVE:
God, we finally have a kick returner with speed who is not looking for the sidelines after he fields it. Enjoy the video, I think you will like what you see.

null

He juked like 15 guys on that return. Crazy! Now we have another physical, big CB with speed who can also return kicks and help out on ST.

[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 29, 2011 at 21:10:50 ]
Originally posted by SDDAVE:
God, we finally have a kick returner with speed who is not looking for the sidelines after he fields it. Enjoy the video, I think you will like what you see.

null

Thanks for the link. Pretty electrifying returns. He'll have to learn to carry the ball on his left, too.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
A fast athletic kid that can play safety or corner, good pick.
Bad pick if he was slated to go in the 6th round.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Ugh we should've traded back some more. We could've got this guy in the 4th. Baalke is a dumbass.

Baalke isn't running the draft by himself. Remember all defensive coaches are in that war room and have had input. So it's not just Baalke you're calling a dumbass, it's also Vic Fangio and Ed Donnatel. There's no way you can separate the two unless you're sure the entire defensive staff wanted someone else and Baalke insisted on this one person, it's not all on him.

Wow, Baalke isn't stupid with this pick. I predicted Culliver would go in the third. He's a very good safety prospect, and is likely the one who'll replace Goldson.

nice!

Plus, there are still a LOT of good corners on the board that we can go after in the 4th and beyond. No need to panic yet.

We could still feasibly land Davon House, Brandon Burton, Chimdi Chekwa, Jalil Brown, Buster Skrine, or Cortez Allen.
Originally posted by teeohh:

nice!

Plus, there are still a LOT of good corners on the board that we can go after in the 4th and beyond. No need to panic yet.

We could still feasibly land Davon House, Brandon Burton, Chimdi Chekwa, Jalil Brown, Buster Skrine, or Cortez Allen.

I like Brown and Kendric Burney

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Is he a safety or corner ?
This guy is going to play FS I think.
Originally posted by susweel:
Is he a safety or corner ?

Better safety than corner. Just needs to be coached up
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by bret:
Mayock said he had him rated a 6th rounder, but Maddog had him as pick #80!

Huh?? Chris Culliver is rated a 6th round? serious???
you mean, mayock had rated him as a 6th-rounder. there is a difference between "rated as a..." like everyone rated him there and someone like mayock rated him there.

[ Edited by communist on Apr 29, 2011 at 20:19:55 ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
This guy is definitely impressive from a measureable standpoint:

- 6'0", 200lb
- 4.40 forty (tied for 3rd at the combine among all DBs)
- 38.5 vertical (2nd at the combine among all DBs)
- 10'3" broad jump
- 4.08 short shuttle
- 6.88 3-cone

Don't know if he'll pan out but this seems like what the Packers do. Bring in corners that need to be coached up but are athletic and physicial.

Share 49ersWebzone