LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver, South Carolina

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
So next year we dump Rodgers and use that money to re-sign Goldson and make Cully a starter ?
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
So next year we dump Rodgers and use that money to re-sign Goldson and make Cully a starter ?

No, we should certainly keep Aaron IMHO.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NCommand:

I wish lol

I wish lol

Might as well let him compete with Alex/Kaep next year.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I wish lol

open competition ftw

I wish lol

open competition ftw

More like no competition.

I would be happy with that move if we drafted another CB early. Cox has also been playing well, but we could use another CB.
Originally posted by Yunchang:

I wish lol

open competition ftw

Alex would win out. He's the most accurate passer the game has ever seen. Now it's a fact.
Originally posted by strickac:

I wish lol

open competition ftw

Alex would win out. He's the most accurate passer the game has ever seen. Now it's a fact.

every thread, every single thread.

SMH
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by strickac:

I wish lol

open competition ftw

every thread, every single thread.

SMH

So about this one guy we selected in the 3rd round last year.....I think his name is Chris Culliver, yea he's pretty good.

cully straight up dominated today.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Originally posted by lamontb:
agreed. just better talent on the board.

Originally posted by 9moon:
Can someone pinch me!!! i know im just dreaming!!!

what the hellllllllllllll is goin on around hereeeeeeeeee!!???

Who are the players we've been taking??

The last two picks aren't even on the right rounds!!!

Originally posted by BSofSF:
His scouting reviews are not great for what it's worth. Doesn't seem worthy of a third rounder to me. Baalke's grabbing all his picks early.

Originally posted by 9moon:
are u guys nuts??/

we drafted this guy in the 3rd round because of his measurable???

have u guys seen this guy play?? he's a freakin 5th rounder at best..

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Ugh we should've traded back some more. We could've got this guy in the 4th. Baalke is a dumbass.

Originally posted by Jamespowers:
dude is prolly a nickel-back, special teams guy. 3rd rounder? meh

This thread doesn't have as much humor-possibility as the Aldon Smith thread does, but still plenty of people freaking the hell out. What's awesome is how many of these same people were crying about the Aldon Smith pick too.
LOL So I would've picked Johnny Patrick or Curtis Brown, and those guys got picked by the Saints and Steelers. You really wouldn't want Mickey Loomis or Pittsburgh's FO running ours? 2 of the last 3 superbowl winners? Really bro?

There were 5 cornerbacks that picked after the No. 80 pick that graded out better than Chris Culliver, a couple significantly better. There's no way this guy isn't there in the 4th or 5th. The guy from Louisville's name is Johnny Patrick, mentioned by Maiocco as a possible Niner target.

Yeah then that goes to my whole point. Trade back some more, stock some more picks, and then take Culliver later. But I guarantee you he wouldn't have gone for a few more picks. Baalke always picks H/W/S guys, just look at Taylor Mays last year, Anthony Davis, etc. Its the same damn philosophy as Scott McCloughan and it got us nowhere.

Meanwhile teams like the Patriots pick guys that "have flaws" but are solid players and they got really good players. Look at Ras-I Dowling. Injury guy this year but they figured he had more talent and he'll be healthy eventually. Or the guys last year, Brandon Spikes runs a horrific 40 yard dash but they decided 40 isnt that big of deal and get their TED LB of the future. Meanwhile we pick Navorro Bowman who was smaller than Spikes, more athletic and had actually played OLB in 4-3 defense. He struggled for us. The Pats get contributions from a 6th or 7th round pick like Julian Edelman because he knows how to play even though he's not the most physically talented guy. Yeah they have a good QB but even he was a 6th round pick. They are just better at spotting talent, maneuvering around in the draft(always making good trades, rarely if ever trade up), picking guys who can play right away. We pick guys who need developing and then we reach for them too.

Hopefully Culliver can become a player but IMO Baalke is a dumbass.

Originally posted by GoGetit:
Harbaugh love Taylor Mays.

Plenty of people freaking out.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
LOL So I would've picked Johnny Patrick or Curtis Brown, and those guys got picked by the Saints and Steelers. You really wouldn't want Mickey Loomis or Pittsburgh's FO running ours? 2 of the last 3 superbowl winners? Really bro?

There were 5 cornerbacks that picked after the No. 80 pick that graded out better than Chris Culliver, a couple significantly better. There's no way this guy isn't there in the 4th or 5th. The guy from Louisville's name is Johnny Patrick, mentioned by Maiocco as a possible Niner target.

Yeah then that goes to my whole point. Trade back some more, stock some more picks, and then take Culliver later. But I guarantee you he wouldn't have gone for a few more picks. Baalke always picks H/W/S guys, just look at Taylor Mays last year, Anthony Davis, etc. Its the same damn philosophy as Scott McCloughan and it got us nowhere.

Meanwhile teams like the Patriots pick guys that "have flaws" but are solid players and they got really good players. Look at Ras-I Dowling. Injury guy this year but they figured he had more talent and he'll be healthy eventually. Or the guys last year, Brandon Spikes runs a horrific 40 yard dash but they decided 40 isnt that big of deal and get their TED LB of the future. Meanwhile we pick Navorro Bowman who was smaller than Spikes, more athletic and had actually played OLB in 4-3 defense. He struggled for us. The Pats get contributions from a 6th or 7th round pick like Julian Edelman because he knows how to play even though he's not the most physically talented guy. Yeah they have a good QB but even he was a 6th round pick. They are just better at spotting talent, maneuvering around in the draft(always making good trades, rarely if ever trade up), picking guys who can play right away. We pick guys who need developing and then we reach for them too.

Hopefully Culliver can become a player but IMO Baalke is a dumbass.

Originally posted by GoGetit:
Harbaugh love Taylor Mays.

Plenty of people freaking out.

Going back and looking at old posts are always hilarious.....

Johnny Patrick career stats

21 tackles 1 Pass Defense

Curtis Brown career stats

39 tackles 2 Forced Fumbles 1 Pass Defense

-

Chris Culliver

72 Tackles 2 Forced Fumbles 3 Interceptions 20 Passes Defended

----

Yes they are soooooo much better then Culliver.....

GO CULLY!!!!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
here are some good pics from Cully's instagram

[ Edited by sfout on Dec 10, 2012 at 8:47 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone