There are 148 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver, South Carolina

Shop 49ers game tickets
looks like Culliver is pretty good. been hearing great things about Aldon, Kap, Culliver, Hunter and Johnson. hopefully we get a few surprise rookie starters other than Aldon. i think this draft has potential
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
looks like Culliver is pretty good. been hearing great things about Aldon, Kap, Culliver, Hunter and Johnson. hopefully we get a few surprise rookie starters other than Aldon. i think this draft has potential

Agree, this could turn out to be a very good draft class down the line!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
He will be the #4 CB this year. Sounds about right to me. Rogers, Spencer, Brown and Culliver.
Originally posted by tohara3:

Yup. I think Hunter or Johnson will return kicks for us this year, and Johnson will be the #3 maybe by the end of the year. I just have a feeling he will replace Morgan. With the addition Edwards, Morgan has moved down to #3 and I think once Johnson gets his fair share of opportunities, he will supplant Morgan.

Kap will start in either 2012 at some point, or maybe even after that. He is going to be an eventual starter at some point early in his career.
Originally posted by niner4life21:

Yup. I think Hunter or Johnson will return kicks for us this year, and Johnson will be the #3 maybe by the end of the year. I just have a feeling he will replace Morgan. With the addition Edwards, Morgan has moved down to #3 and I think once Johnson gets his fair share of opportunities, he will supplant Morgan.

Kap will start in either 2012 at some point, or maybe even after that. He is going to be an eventual starter at some point early in his career.

i think Morgan is above Crabs as it stands right now. harbaughs not just gonna hand him back his job. he has to prove he can play and win his job back
  • mike
  • Veteran

i think Morgan is above Crabs as it stands right now. harbaughs not just gonna hand him back his job. he has to prove he can play and win his job back

Yep, I don't see harbaugh as the type of guy that just hands people jobs because they're "1st round picks" like sing did. I think it'll only be maybe a week or two before he wins the job back though, assuming the edwards pickup lights a fire under his ass.

Harbaugh also understands chemistry, and would look for that between alex and crabtree before inserting him in a starting role. If Morgan can develop that rapport with alex during TC/preseason...Good luck getting your job back crabs.
[ Edited by mike on Aug 8, 2011 at 1:17 AM ]

I think you might be jumping the gun with Johnson, unless there is something you know but are not sharing. With the WCO, you want big, strong receivers. I do like the kid though, like the story about how he carries his football everywhere.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

I think you might be jumping the gun with Johnson, unless there is something you know but are not sharing. With the WCO, you want big, strong receivers. I do like the kid though, like the story about how he carries his football everywhere.
Reminds me of Boyz in the Hood when the kid brings the football with him everywhere
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Reminds me of Boyz in the Hood when the kid brings the football with him everywhere

We had a kid in high school that had a fumbling problem, coach made him take the ball with him everywhere except the showers, if he caught him without it, he had to do wind springs. Coach also had the rest of us guys try to strip the ball whenever we passed him in the halls or around campus, and let him know if we did,lol. It cured his fumbling problem.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

We had a kid in high school that had a fumbling problem, coach made him take the ball with him everywhere except the showers, if he caught him without it, he had to do wind springs. Coach also had the rest of us guys try to strip the ball whenever we passed him in the halls or around campus, and let him know if we did,lol. It cured his fumbling problem.

lol nice.

Harbaugh echoed defensive coordinator Vic Fangio in his review of rookie cornerback Chris Culliver. Harbaugh is impressed with his raw ability and praised his in-practice work ethic and attitude. He said Culliver needs to lean to prepare like a pro." (The) arrow's up on Chris," Harbaugh said. "He's got all the tools. He needs to learn to be a carpenter. And he has to be very detailed and be a detail-oriented guy."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=95082#ixzz1UexXsw00

i saw that movie too. it was the program.
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
i saw that movie too. it was the program.

This happened in real life at Wooddale High School in 1986-87. We had a really good RB with a really bad fumbling problem.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Harbaugh echoed defensive coordinator Vic Fangio in his review of rookie cornerback Chris Culliver. Harbaugh is impressed with his raw ability and praised his in-practice work ethic and attitude. He said Culliver needs to lean to prepare like a pro." (The) arrow's up on Chris," Harbaugh said. "He's got all the tools. He needs to learn to be a carpenter. And he has to be very detailed and be a detail-oriented guy."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=95082#ixzz1UexXsw00

I think Culliver needs all the practice he can get in the preseason and try to learn how to study from some of the veterans in the locker room
I think Culliver needs all the practice he can get in the preseason and try to learn how to study from some of the veterans in the locker room

He needs to develop a short memory. Each time he got beat for the Gamecocks he lost his composure and was near useless for a few plays till they sat him. He also needs to develop his hands more. Buddy would drop alot of passes that would have been picks. Hes got good speed and can lay people out when he connects. If he doesnt develop we can always move him to FS where he had alot of success at USC.
Share 49ersWebzone