LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver, South Carolina

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
This doesn't sound good;

"Chris Culliver. He let Ted Ginn beat him on a slant and overall he did not look confident at corner back."

This guy sounds like a safety from reports. I can't believe they drafted 2 safeties in the 3rd round in the last couple of years and are trying to convert the to CB. Could be worse, could hve drafted a DE/OLB to be FB.

2 steps forward, 1 step back.

He's tall and has 4.4 speed. He only played 1 year as a CB.

Hopefully Brown, Adams and Culliver perform well as our #2, nickel, and dime (in god knows what order)

So are Mays and Lawson. While height and athletic ability are huge benefits, they are not determining factors for good football players.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
This doesn't sound good;

"Chris Culliver. He let Ted Ginn beat him on a slant and overall he did not look confident at corner back."

This guy sounds like a safety from reports. I can't believe they drafted 2 safeties in the 3rd round in the last couple of years and are trying to convert the to CB. Could be worse, could hve drafted a DE/OLB to be FB.

Dude, it's his first padded practice in the NFL, going against a NFL vet. Did I mention he just got the playbook less than a weak ago?

Remember though, the 49ers did the same thing with Reggie Smith before converting him to safety. I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted Culliver to eventually take over the FS role in a few years.
sounds like this guy isnt doing too bad however i doubt he can start this year or the next but he sounds like a great FS option in the future adn a great #3 CB
Definetely needs more experience & confidence which he will only get by playing. I could see him & Adams playing very big roles by midseason
Originally posted by tohara3:
Definetely needs more experience & confidence which he will only get by playing. I could see him & Adams playing very big roles by midseason

I hope he plays every snap on defense in the preseason, so he can learn.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by tohara3:

I hope he plays every snap on defense in the preseason, so he can learn.

This would really help him out
lets relax, in green bay last yaer they had young cb's step in...so did atlanta, teams do it and succeed. its about having good coaching and a very good pass rush

if aldon smith/willis/harlson/mcdonald/bowman etc can get to the qb...the cb's will be helped immensly and we'll be a solid D.

fangio's D is predicated on getting to the qb
Originally posted by iLL49er:
lets relax, in green bay last yaer they had young cb's step in...so did atlanta, teams do it and succeed. its about having good coaching and a very good pass rush

if aldon smith/willis/harlson/mcdonald/bowman etc can get to the qb...the cb's will be helped immensly and we'll be a solid D.

I"M CALM DON"T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN I SAID I WAS CALM THATS IT I"M CALM! I just want a player who can press, and this guy better be the next ronnie lott!
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

I"M CALM DON"T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN I SAID I WAS CALM THATS IT I"M CALM! I just want a player who can press, and this guy better be the next ronnie lott!

WHAT IF I TOLD YOU HE'S GOING TO BE THE NEXT PRIMETIME?
Originally posted by YungAce:

i would love you

Originally posted by 49erAllTheWay:
Originally posted by YungAce:

i would love you

IT'S MY MONEY AND I NEED IT NOW!!!

LOL your funny. GB and ATL have rosters that are 10 times better then ours. Most importantly they have QB's that can cover up for any defensive issues. WE have Alex.
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:

LOL your funny. GB and ATL have rosters that are 10 times better then ours. Most importantly they have QB's that can cover up for any defensive issues. WE have Alex.

They also have better safeties to cover their CBs over the top.

We had Goldson and Reggie Smith at SS. Atlanta had William Moore (5 INT, 1 FF, 1 FR) and Thomas DeCoud. The Packers had Nick Collins (Pro Bowler) and Charlie Peprah (2 INT, 3 TFL)
Sounds like him and the other young cornerbacks aren't doing to bad. Can't wait to see them in action all preseason.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:

They also have better safeties to cover their CBs over the top.

We had Goldson and Reggie Smith at SS. Atlanta had William Moore (5 INT, 1 FF, 1 FR) and Thomas DeCoud. The Packers had Nick Collins (Pro Bowler) and Charlie Peprah (2 INT, 3 TFL)

I remember asking about Decoud on this board, draft gurus said he wouldnt amount to much

Roll on you bear.
Share 49ersWebzone