LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver, South Carolina

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I absolutely love this pick also! He has the size, speed, strength and he is a pretty good player. A great pick in the 3rd round IMO. He has a lot of upside. A little raw and he needs develpment. But he has great ability.

lol, who hacked into SanDiegos account?

No I really do like it. #2 and #3... The 1st pick...

optimism holy s**t
I absolutely love this pick also! He has the size, speed, strength and he is a pretty good player. A great pick in the 3rd round IMO. He has a lot of upside. A little raw and he needs develpment. But he has great ability.

No I really do like it. #2 and #3... The 1st pick...

Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I'll keep saying this; "Jim Harbaugh had Tony Romo and David Garrad graded better than Joey Harrington." When other teams didn't even have Romo on their draft board! I think Jim knows what to look for in a player, and trust his coaching skills a lot.

Hmmmmm!!!!!

Only time can tell, and for the moment I trust coach.

those were qbs

not cbs

harbaugh is known for his work with qbs. this pick is moore on balke
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
This smells a lot like Reggie Smith.

Start him out at the CB position as a 3rd DB/backup for a year or two, and then switch him to FS.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
I'll keep saying this; "Jim Harbaugh had Tony Romo and David Garrad graded better than Joey Harrington." When other teams didn't even have Romo on their draft board! I think Jim knows what to look for in a player, and trust his coaching skills a lot.

Hmmmmm!!!!!

Only time can tell, and for the moment I trust coach.

those were qbs

not cbs

harbaugh is known for his work with qbs. this pick is moore on balke

Harbaugh has 117 career INTs. He's worked with CBs plenty in his life.
Quote:
Culliver has the pure cover skills to eventually develop into a starter but does not display natural instincts and is not willing or productive in run support. Is versatile enough to play corner or free safety. Has the athleticism and speed to shadow in man coverage and the hip fluidity to turn and run but lack of route anticipation allows receivers to gain separation. Has the range to play the deep half or middle in zone but can be sucked in by play-action. Really needs to improve his ability to diagnose run and be productive coming up in support. Culliver's a mid-round talent with higher upside.

Draft Profile: CB/S Chris Culliver - NFL.com
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Looks good to me! Big, fast, hard hitting DB. f**k it.

I need that and keep feel good for us..

Is it weird that I'm turned on by this comment?

[ Edited by Travisty13 on Apr 29, 2011 at 21:05:56 ]
Originally posted by Travisty13:

just got don fapping to it

twice

Originally posted by Travisty13:

just got don fapping to it

twice

let me know when #3 happens.
Not to excited about him playing CB. FS maybe if they fix his attitude. Hes fast but his inconsistency will piss off coachs and fans. Hes like Huff but not as good a tackler, could be tho. If they fix his attitude imo.
So I hadn't realized we traded back and picked up a 6th before nabbing Culliver.

We have 8 picks tomorrow, one would assume some more maneuvering.
Hate to burst anyone's bubble, but Culliver sucks as a third rounder. I've followed this kid since he was playing high school ball in North Carolina, and he's never lived up to the hype. He certainly has track speed, but he's never done anything with it. On top of that, he has a questionable attitude for sure.

Big reach for a very average player with below average character.
Originally posted by TheBlueHell:
Hate to burst anyone's bubble, but Culliver sucks as a third rounder. I've followed this kid since he was playing high school ball in North Carolina, and he's never lived up to the hype. He certainly has track speed, but he's never done anything with it. On top of that, he has a questionable attitude for sure.

Big reach for a very average player with below average character.

Well then you must be right, and the people at cbssports, S.I., our scouting dept., the people that picked him as an All-SEC, the people who thought enough to include him as a Preseason All-American must all be wrong. Thanks for clarifiying that.
Share 49ersWebzone