There are 199 users in the forums

Should we as fans boycott the NFL?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I don't think so. Not until something important is missed anyway. Right now we would just have the beginning of free agency. I don't think it's really necessary to have free agency in March as far as us fans are concerned. If this lingers into April, then it's time to get pissed, for me anyway.

[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Mar 11, 2011 at 16:23:22 ]
no
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
someone should start a site called "Isupportthefans.com" and spread some info.

Someone has, though sadly it's mostly filled with support for ceiling fans.

LOL, guess it has to be ISUPPORTNFLFANS.com then... or pay them 1 million dollars for the name lol
i certainly will never buy season tickets again, and will probably not go to a game ever again, either. so in a way i will be boycotting the way that the league has priced out average fans. but lets face it, i'll still watch the games on Tv--though i won't be shelling out any money for NFL Network or anything like that.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
I don't think so. Not until something important is missed anyway. Right now we would just have the beginning of free agency. I don't think it's really necessary to have free agency in March as far as us fans are concerned. If this lingers into April, then it's time to get pissed, for me anyway.

This! We haven't missed anything yet. IF we miss games or the season, then it will be GAME ON! (as in boycott the NFL)
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by danimal:
should we? Yes
will we? No

This is so to the point and right on, I thought it needed a quote.
Yup.
At this point, no. However, if it starts cutting into games, yes. If it takes out the season, hell yes.

Even if there is a season, every single fan at all 16 games in Week 1 should stand up and boo as the players step out onto the field. Make it so loud the owners hear it over the AC in their booth.

[ Edited by linkboy on Mar 11, 2011 at 21:31:38 ]
Same reason we can't organize to combat the raise in gas prices.
Share 49ersWebzone