LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Make a prediction: When will we have a new CBA?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
12/21/12
Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:
12/21/12

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Never. I hope we never have a canadian basketball association.
when val stops touching himself
Originally posted by jreff22:

Football will never be played again
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Football will never be played again

Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
I say they extend this s**t another week they all get hammered on St Patrick's Day and sign this up Friday the 18th

I'd be ok with that. Just as long as this thing gets done. NO COURTS!!
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
I say they extend this s**t another week they all get hammered on St Patrick's Day and sign this up Friday the 18th

I'd be ok with that. Just as long as this thing gets done. NO COURTS!!

My guess is that wont happen. Starting to look like De Smith is sick of the owners attempting to strong arm him/get more money without records to back it up and could torpedo any progress made so far.
The players can skip OTAs and most of training camp and won't miss a paycheck until the first games. The owners do not miss any revenue until the first games. Hence, neither side is prepared to put their best offer on the table until then. This is why I predct it will not get settled before about August 15.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
my prediction..... extention til Wednesday. Deal done Wednesday morning. Free agency starts the following monday. So I say the 16th.

I'm sticking by my earlier forecast in other threads:

The NFLPA de-certifies this week and the matter goes to the courts. The wheels of justice, including the scheduling of Judge Doty's court proceedings, grinds slowly.

Side talks, in parallel with the court proceedings, involving sensible people like Dan Rooney of the Steelers, reach an out-of-court agreement in mid-September. A new CBA is signed at that time, and court proceedings are withdrawn by the union.

Each club will get about 10 days to prepare for their first game, which will take place about October 1. Once the deal is done, both owners and players will be in a hurry to get the fan money-faucet turned on. Teams will lose the first 4 games on their schedule and 2011 will be a truncated 12-game season. There will be no pre-season games, only in-camp scrimmages. David Carr will, of necessity, start that first played game of the 2011 season, but a rookie will finish the year as the starting Niner QB.

The Niners will finish about 4-8, with all of their wins coming in November or later, as the coaching staff eventually has time to implement more than just basic plays. Niner ownership loses tons of money in 2011 with the shorter season, and uses that as a fresh excuse for additional delays on a new stadium.

Free Agency will re-semble the Oklanhoma Land Rush. As soons as the new CBA is officially signed by all parties, there will be a wild, 24 x7, flurry of FA offers. Some deals will be done quickly, but many will drag on until several games hve been played. FA signees will be reporting and being integrated into their team, deep into the season. Rosters for that first game played will include more than usual UDFA's and no-names, eager to earn a buck and showcase their wares, until clubs eventually fill their critical needs through negotiations with the more experienced, higher-priced FA's.

Roster turmoil for all clubs will be much higher than normal and still be taking place deep in December. The NFL quality-of-play will decline in 2011, especially early in the season, due to the above factors. The stamina and sanity of both NFL coaching staffs and NFL front offies, will be severely tested in this compressed-time atmosphere.

2012 will be an 18-game schedule, with roster sizes increased by 5 players or so, beyond the Game Day 45 and 53-man roster. The union will accept the 18-game schedule in exchange for more jobs. All teams will look a little different on the field in 2012, as the new, re-designed, concussion-motivated helmet technology becomes mandatory, and players more closely resemble the Jack-In-The-Box CEO!

And the under-represented, NFL retired players, who limp around and can't remember their name or how to tie their shoes, will get bupkiss in the settlement. Did you know that only 20% of our Revolutionary War fighters, who were entitled to a government pension, ever actually got a check? And many of them had to wait 20-30 years to see any money. The old-timers have been getting screwed in this country, since it became a country.
[ Edited by jimbagg on Mar 10, 2011 at 3:35 PM ]
Originally posted by jimbagg:

The NFLPA de-certifies this week and the matter goes to the courts. The wheels of justice, including the scheduling of Judge Doty's court proceedings, grinds slowly.

Side talks, in parallel with the court proceedings, involving sensible people like Dan Rooney of the Steelers, reach an out-of-court agreement in mid-September. A new CBA is signed at that time, and court proceedings are withdrawn by the union.

Each club will get about 10 days to prepare for their first game, which will take place about October 1. Once the deal is done, both owners and players will be in a hurry to get the fan money-faucet turned on. Teams will lose the first 4 games on their schedule and 2011 will be a truncated 12-game season. There will be no pre-season games, only in-camp scrimmages. David Carr will, of necessity, start that first played game of the 2011 season, but a rookie will finish the year as the starting Niner QB.

The Niners will finish about 4-8, with all of their wins coming in November or later, as the coaching staff eventually has time to implement more than just basic plays. Niner ownership loses tons of money in 2011 with the shorter season, and uses that as a fresh excuse for additional delays on a new stadium.

Free Agency will re-semble the Oklanhoma Land Rush. As soons as the new CBA is officially signed by all parties, there will be a wild, 24 x7, flurry of FA offers. Some deals will be done quickly, but many will drag on until several games hve been played. FA signees will be reporting and being integrated into their team, deep into the season. Rosters for that first game played will include more than usual UDFA's and no-names, eager to earn a buck and showcase their wares, until clubs eventually fill their critical needs through negotiations with the more experienced, higher-priced FA's.

Roster turmoil for all clubs will be much higher than normal and still be taking place deep in December. The NFL quality-of-play will decline in 2011, especially early in the season, due to the above factors. The stamina and sanity of both NFL coaching staffs and NFL front offies, will be severely tested in this compressed-time atmosphere.

2012 will be an 18-game schedule, with roster sizes increased by 5 players or so, beyond the Game Day 45 and 53-man roster. The union will accept the 18-game schedule in exchange for more jobs. All teams will look a little different on the field in 2012, as the new, re-designed, concussion-motivated helmet technology becomes mandatory, and players more closely resemble the Jack-In-The-Box CEO!

And the under-represented, NFL retired players, who limp around and can't remember their name or how to tie their shoes, will get bupkiss in the settlement. Did you know that only 20% of our Revolutionary War fighters, who were entitled to a government pension, ever actually got a check? And many of them had to wait 20-30 years to see any money. The old-timers have been getting screwed in this country, since it became a country.

Sounds very likely now..

The NFLPA may choose to decertify, but I strongly with this timeline. It won't run into the 2011 season. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

The NFLPA may choose to decertify, but I strongly with this timeline. It won't run into the 2011 season. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

It wouldnt surprise me if there is no 2011 season. The owners are asking for the players to make huge concessions with no evidence supporting why they need it, and De Smith/Jeff Pash are now negotiating through the media which kind of torpedo'ed all the progess made up until this point.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

It wouldnt surprise me if there is no 2011 season. The owners are asking for the players to make huge concessions with no evidence supporting why they need it, and De Smith/Jeff Pash are now negotiating through the media which kind of torpedo'ed all the progess made up until this point.

In my opinion, the NFLPA is asking for too much. There is no way the owners will agree to a 50/50 split of revenue!
Share 49ersWebzone