LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 203 users in the forums

JaMarcus Russell -- Oakland Mansion in Foreclosure

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
His foreclosed property will drive down the home values of his neighbors.

The continued failings of the greatest NFL bust of all time.

True. At least Alex wasn't a personal life failure as well.

Not really sure why that really matters. Hes a nice kid and I surely dont wish him death or misfortune....but that doesnt matter at all. Alex may be smarter with his money than JaWalrus, but in terms of NFL careers, they are in the same category.

thats pushin it a bit dont yah think?

JMR is an epic failure, Alex is just an extreme disappointment.

Pushing it? No. If a category is "High pick QB busts" both Jamarcus Russell's and Alex Smith's names will be included. Period.
1) Why is somebody that made as much as him in a $2.4 Million house in the first place? He could afford 5 times that or even more.

2) How can he not be able to afford to pay for a $2.4 Million house? Didn't he make like $60 Million guaranteed?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
1) Why is somebody that made as much as him in a $2.4 Million house in the first place? He could afford 5 times that or even more.

2) How can he not be able to afford to pay for a $2.4 Million house? Didn't he make like $60 Million guaranteed?

It's gone... he spent it on the purple drank...
Originally posted by SJniner7:

How can he go through $60 Million in 3 or 4 or 5 years?

I think he only got $30-40 mil. $60 mil was the total value of the contract, which he didn't reach because his ass got cut.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

I think he only got $30-40 mil. $60 mil was the total value of the contract, which he didn't reach because his ass got cut.

So how can you go through that much in 3 years or whatever? That's spending at a Charlie Sheen pace.

I bet ESPN is already following him around for his outside the lines special about him being broke.
I actually think this is a smart thing he is doing

His long term outlook has completely changed since be bought that property. The question is...why not foreclose???

LOL at the Alex Smith comparisons...the BIGGEST, mind you not the ONLY...but the BIGGEST difference between Alex and JaMarcus is that Russell worked for an employer who was willing to cut his losses quickly, and Alex's employer was and still is not.

If the Yorks were smart or cared(you choose)....they would have cut Alex years ago. And if Alex never got another NFL check, I am sure he would re think his investments as well

One could say that this fatass is the sole reason why there are new contract structures going on jeopardizing a football season.
  • dj43
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
One could say that this fatass is the sole reason why there are new contract structures going on jeopardizing a football season.

I have actually heard Russell's deal being a part of why their will be a rookie salary cap.
Originally posted by dj43:

I have actually heard Russell's deal being a part of why their will be a rookie salary cap.

Then his deal was good for the league at the Raiders expense. A rookie cap is desperately needed.

actually a few other owners admonished the Alex Smith deal in 2005. The gist was that there is a basic formula and or guideline that dictated a QB at #1 should have received X.....and the Yorks gave him more than that.

So this has been a long drawn out frustration. There was suppose to be a escalating guideline which was followed less and less as each draft came and went.
Originally posted by danimal:

actually a few other owners admonished the Alex Smith deal in 2005. The gist was that there is a basic formula and or guideline that dictated a QB at #1 should have received X.....and the Yorks gave him more than that.

So this has been a long drawn out frustration. There was suppose to be a escalating guideline which was followed less and less as each draft came and went.

The gist? Do you have a link? Alex contract was for 49 million with 24 guaranteed. Eli manning's contract(2004 #1 pick via trade) was 54 million with 20 million guaranteed. A 20% increased in guaranteed money but less in overall money. Alex actually made alot less because he renegotiated his contract for less base pay.
Share 49ersWebzone