There are 302 users in the forums

Tim Tebow

Shop 49ers game tickets
I have not started a thread for many reasons. The main one of which is the heat a noob can get, but I have a serious thing to think about. With the broncos saying Orton is the starter and they don't even know if they want tebow, what do you think about trading for him?
theyre just trying to drive up ortons trade value, tebow own denvers fan base.
I brought this same point up in another thread. I don't believe the statements about Orton are there to drive his trade value, actually I think just the opposite. The new love from Fox is damage control for Tebow. I love everything about this kid and would rather have a fighter and a true leader like him than any of the other has been QBs whose names get thrown around, or paying too much for Orton, Kolb, or whoever. My guess is we could trade our 2nd round pick + a late pick or (dream scenario to package Carr) for Tebow.
I really dont think horse face Elway is too high on Tebow. He has made a few comments since his hire that point to him not caring for him too much. But of course everytime he makes one of those comments he comes out and says he was mis quoted or it was taken the wrong way. How ever I still dont think they would trade him this year. They have invested alot into him.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I would trade for him if I were in charge.
Crazy as it sounds he's probably better than the QB's we have. He throws a very accurate ball. Where Alex and Carr both struggle with accuracy.
Tim Tebow will be an elite QB in 5 years.
Just looking at when he actually played this year he did pretty good. He even through for over 300 and ran for around 100, (if I remember right). He has alot of upside.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
I have not started a thread for many reasons. The main one of which is the heat a noob can get, but I have a serious thing to think about. With the broncos saying Orton is the starter and they don't even know if they want tebow, what do you think about trading for him?

Nobody in the Broncos organization ever said this. Ever. John Fox has had very good things to say about Tebow in the past and with Orton scheduled to make 7+ million why wouldn't they name him the starter...that's a lot of money to call the guy a backup at this point.
Alex Smith
Josh Johnson
Tim Tebow
Pat Devlin

I'd sit him down too. 2nd year, 2nd system to learn, and we don't know how much time he's going to have to learn it.

Orton's a vet and a decent quarterback.
I'd give them a 5th for him. Maybe a 4th if they offer to take Carr off my hands.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I'd sit him down too. 2nd year, 2nd system to learn, and we don't know how much time he's going to have to learn it.

Orton's a vet and a decent quarterback.

Luckily for Tebow his "new OC" was his OC last year so he already has a relationship and familiarity with his coach. McCoy will now install his offense as opposed to McDaniels offense but at least both men have spent a year working together so it should help make the transition smoother.
Share 49ersWebzone