There are 263 users in the forums

Sources: NFLPA to decertify by March 3

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6161468

I hope they do... Because this is the one time I'm on the players side... it's the owners that are threating to stop games... Not the union!
I still think an agreement will be reached before the NFL Draft on April 28.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Owners side
this is a good thing, right?
Originally posted by PTulini:
I still think an agreement will be reached before the NFL Draft on April 28.

We should start a WZ pool as to what date they will agree. I bet September 3rd.
Very chintzy.

I don't know how you meet for 8 hours a day for 7 days and can't work something out.
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Sad thing is we could be looking at a winter with no Basketball or football... What will be watch then hockey?
Originally posted by JayBee:
Very chintzy.

I don't know how you meet for 8 hours a day for 7 days and can't work something out.

The owners know what they want. They are doing the PR thing by making it seem thay are not clogging things up.

Players got the MUCH better deal last time. They are going to have to move down their expectations.

That's how it looks to me.

I don't know who's side to take from a business perspective. I can see points on both sides but it all seems a little greedy to me. As a fan, I just want something to get worked out so there is a full season.
This is supposed to help prevent a lockout. So what happens then?
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Each side files lawsuits against each other.
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Each side files lawsuits against each other.

Do the players come into camp like nothing happened then while the lawsuits are happening? Or would it go from a lockout to a strike?
Originally posted by nazniner:
I don't know who's side to take from a business perspective. I can see points on both sides but it all seems a little greedy to me. As a fan, I just want something to get worked out so there is a full season.

My sentiment exactly. It doesn't matter to me since both sides are going to come out bigger winners than us. Ticket prices aren't going down and merchandise will be the same price regardless regardless of which side "wins." So I just want them to get it over with fast so that our team can start preparing for the season. A rookie coach + no qb + extended lockout = disaster.
Share 49ersWebzone