LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

What Qb would you want for next year? (Vote)

Shop 49ers game tickets

What Qb would you want for next year? (Vote)

Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Is there anyone on this board that would trade all of our picks for Vick? I think I might pull the trigger on that.

I know people will trash us for saying so but I would. it's all about getting into the playoffs. from there it's anyone game. Vick would put us into the playoffs and although he wouldn't be an overall solution because i think teams will begin to figure him out, we can draft a qb to train for a couple of years (next year), or trade for a flynn of j. johnson to train. Vick just buys time until Harbaugh gets his pieces in place. As for our other needs, we can handle some of those in free agency and what we don't, we can do so in the following draft. this team won six with a disfunctional coaching staff and poor Qb play. Adding Harbaugh and Vick to our current roster would win the division easy. I know it won't happen but that's the kind of ballzy move i would love to see us make...

lol. how are you going to draft a QB or trade for one when you just traded all your picks to acquire Vick? he is too old and he only had one good year. no deal, Ditka!

man, i'm so happy most of the posters on the WZ are not part of the Niner organization. half of us would be longing for Terry D years.

First off, if I was part of the Niners organization I wouldn't make decisions based on thoughts that just pop into my head like this one. Clearly I have the luxury of day dreaming without fulling considering the circumstances.

With that said, I still think I would pull the trigger. Why do you think a franchise tag costs 2 first rounders? That's actually more (depending) or about even with trading all your picks in one year. But yes, I think the QB position is that important. No one postion can single handedly turn around a franchise like QB.

I'm one of the guys that thinks draft picks are extremly overrated. It's a fricken lottery ticket. The only reason they are so valuable is that your hoping you strike gold, when chances are you will just get a solid player. Your more likely to draft a Manny Lawson (I like manny) than you are a Patrick Willis.

By the way, there is a little thing called Free Agency, not sure if you've heard of it. If you trade picks you just need to go a little heavier in FA.

P.S. I know you think it's foolish because Vick is old, but if that was the case why would the EAGLES (Andy Ried) be willing to trade there once future QB Kolb? That may or may not happen, but it sounds like they will do it for a second. Clearly Andy thinks Vick is more than a stop gap.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Feb 25, 2011 at 4:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Can I ask why Mark Sanchez's name is on the list???

Was wondering the same thing.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

See the last post on page 1. I just put Sanchez on there because people trash him alot for his sub-par stats. not that he's available. i just threw sanchez in with a bunch of qb's that get trashed for their syle of play, yet they win games...playoff games for that matter...
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

See the last post on page 1. I just put Sanchez on there because people trash him alot for his sub-par stats. not that he's available. i just threw sanchez in with a bunch of qb's that get trashed for their syle of play, yet they win games...playoff games for that matter...

I mean I'd take Sanchez right now for our #7.
Won't happen but I'd do it haha.
kolb isnt even worth a 3rd round pick

kolbs career passer rating is only 1 better than smiths and he ahd a much better team throughout his career with coachin stability

keep in mind this passer rating includes smiths 15 int in rookie season

any1 still want kolb?
i'm not high on Kolb either. he didn't do jack with all of that talent and smart coaching. however i would be glad to have something else to changes things up.
Palmer or smith but i went with smith because i think harbaugh can make him into a good qb. his accuracy is fine and he has a pretty good arm and good legs, he just needs confidence and a coach that believes in him. i think he and harbaugh will be good together if smith decides to come back
  • sfout
  • Veteran
why are Garrard, Sanchez and Vick listed? they aren't options.....putting "subpar" qbs on this list that aren't on the block just skews the results. Sanchez might have iffy stats but it was his second year and is still learning. make a real poll, that uses all 24 options for draftable, FAs and people actually on the block.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 26, 2011 at 7:50 AM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

kolbs career passer rating is only 1 better than smiths and he ahd a much better team throughout his career with coachin stability

any1 still want kolb?
Since Philly is asking a 1st round pick for Kolb, the question 49er fans should be asking themselves is: Would I rather have Patrick Peterson or Von Miller/ Robert Quinn, OR Kevin Kolb?

Does that help anyone put it in perspective?
Originally posted by dj43:

any1 still want kolb?
Since Philly is asking a 1st round pick for Kolb, the question 49er fans should be asking themselves is: Would I rather have Patrick Peterson or Von Miller/ Robert Quinn, OR Kevin Kolb?

Do we really want to be stuck with Alex Smith at QB again?

How about that for perspective?

Edit: And I don't think it'll take a 1st for Kolb, but a 2nd.
[ Edited by Leathaface on Feb 26, 2011 at 12:14 PM ]

Originally posted by Leathaface:

any1 still want kolb?

Agreed. The market dictates what the Eagles will get for Kolb, not Philly. If no team is willing to trade a 1st, then Philly will just keep him or deal him for a 2nd. No team is going to give a first for him.

I would use a Mike Nolan "Win the West" banner to light myself on fire.
  • dj43
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

any1 still want kolb?

Agreed. The market dictates what the Eagles will get for Kolb, not Philly. If no team is willing to trade a 1st, then Philly will just keep him or deal him for a 2nd. No team is going to give a first for him.
That is my point: Kevin Kolb is not worth what Peterson or Quinn/Miller will be to the 49ers. I'm not even sure he is worth what the 49ers could get at #45 overall.

For the record, I would be just fine with a year of Alex Smith playing the way he did in the last half of the season in Mike Johnson's offense. Moreover, I would expect Harbaugh to bring even more improvement.

I also expect the 49ers to make a run at signing Dennis Dixon.
[ Edited by dj43 on Feb 27, 2011 at 10:05 PM ]
Gabbert.

Smith over all of these guys? Some of you, 37% to be exact, are idiots.
Share 49ersWebzone