There are 206 users in the forums

What Qb would you want for next year? (Vote)

Shop 49ers game tickets

What Qb would you want for next year? (Vote)

This list is dumb, if Vick is up then so should Manning and all the other QB's.
  • dj43
Originally posted by excelsior:
Even though he is not on the list, many posters lobbied for the 49ers to trade for Orton. I had also noticed on the Arizona, Tennessee and Minnesota fan forums that many of their fans wanted their team to trade for Orton as well.

Now, on ESPN's website, they report that new Denver head coach, John Fox, has announced that Orton will be his starter next season. So there is one less name to bounce around.

All the interest from other teams in ANY decent QB is why the trading price for Orton, Kolb, Palmer, Johnson, etc., plus the lack of any franchise QB in this year's draft, will drive the trade price up to a very unrealistic level. All three of the teams you mentioned here are a QB away from a serious playoff run, hence, they would quickly give up a 1st and a 4th for Orton. Same effect will be at work with the other four as well.

Given the other critical needs the 49ers have, to give up the #7 pick in the draft would be utter foolishness. They need BOTH a pass rusher and CB. With Alex still available, to allow him to walk would force them to forego solving one of these other issues.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:

It is a very stupid list.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Alex Smith is winning the poll, I swear some of you niner fans sure do love losing.

Its almost embarrassing that you guys call yourselves 49ers fans.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:

It is a very stupid list.

The list wasn't for available Qb's. Read the last post on page 1. Since i've been a member i've seen the same Qb's bashed all the time. I wanted to see who would be the favorite Qb out of the Qb's that get trashed for not being like the elite Bree's and Rodgers, etc... these guys get bashed yet they win. And yet, like others have stated, many Niners fans must like loosing because Alex is also a Qb that gets bashed consistently, but he has done nothing significant. Remember that time Alex beat... Remember when he was on the top ten... Remember that comeback Vic... WILL BE THINKING FOR AWHILE...
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by susweel:
Alex Smith is winning the poll, I swear some of you niner fans sure do love losing.

lol. pwnd.
Is there anyone on this board that would trade all of our picks for Vick? I think I might pull the trigger on that.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Is there anyone on this board that would trade all of our picks for Vick? I think I might pull the trigger on that.

I know people will trash us for saying so but I would. it's all about getting into the playoffs. from there it's anyone game. Vick would put us into the playoffs and although he wouldn't be an overall solution because i think teams will begin to figure him out, we can draft a qb to train for a couple of years (next year), or trade for a flynn of j. johnson to train. Vick just buys time until Harbaugh gets his pieces in place. As for our other needs, we can handle some of those in free agency and what we don't, we can do so in the following draft. this team won six with a disfunctional coaching staff and poor Qb play. Adding Harbaugh and Vick to our current roster would win the division easy. I know it won't happen but that's the kind of ballzy move i would love to see us make...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by boast:

lol. pwnd.

The joke is on you guys who continue to cheer for a loser.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by jacklegniner:

I know people will trash us for saying so but I would. it's all about getting into the playoffs. from there it's anyone game. Vick would put us into the playoffs and although he wouldn't be an overall solution because i think teams will begin to figure him out, we can draft a qb to train for a couple of years (next year), or trade for a flynn of j. johnson to train. Vick just buys time until Harbaugh gets his pieces in place. As for our other needs, we can handle some of those in free agency and what we don't, we can do so in the following draft. this team won six with a disfunctional coaching staff and poor Qb play. Adding Harbaugh and Vick to our current roster would win the division easy. I know it won't happen but that's the kind of ballzy move i would love to see us make...

lol. how are you going to draft a QB or trade for one when you just traded all your picks to acquire Vick? he is too old and he only had one good year. no deal, Ditka!

man, i'm so happy most of the posters on the WZ are not part of the Niner organization. half of us would be longing for Terry D years.

• boast
  • Hella Fame

lol. pwnd.

again, i'll side with the QB expert who is an expert on QBs and not the arm chair cubicle GM.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

lol. pwnd.

again, i'll side with the QB expert who is an expert on QBs and not the arm chair cubicle GM.

Okay you do that.

lol. pwnd.

pwnr
Originally posted by jacklegniner:

lol. how are you going to draft a QB or trade for one when you just traded all your picks to acquire Vick? he is too old and he only had one good year. no deal, Ditka!

man, i'm so happy most of the posters on the WZ are not part of the Niner organization. half of us would be longing for Terry D years.

easy. like i said in the original post in parenthesis(), we could draft one the following year or trade a pick in next years draft to get a flynn this year to start training. however, with Vick we start winning now. we become relevant now. while we still train a Qb like we are going to anyways. we only forfeit the defensive players that we want to draft this year.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:

lol. pwnd.

pwnr

JH has given all you Alex lover boys a new life. haha

shameful
Share 49ersWebzone