LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 159 users in the forums

Farve, and him screwing himself!

Shop 49ers game tickets
I don't see how Favre has anything to do with this. They won because they have a real good team. Favre is older and injured now. But it doesn't take away the good years he had in his younger times. The Packers won because they have a heck of a defense, a great QB and underrated pass weapons and a good Head Coach. They have a fantastic team.
From my perspective, Farve tainted a terrific career with all his antics the last few years. It was all about ego and he wanted to show the Packers. I guess GB gets the last laugh. I hope Aaron Rodgers tells him to stick his olive branch where the sun don't shine.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't see how Favre has anything to do with this. They won because they have a real good team. Favre is older and injured now. But it doesn't take away the good years he had in his younger times. The Packers won because they have a heck of a defense, a great QB and underrated pass weapons and a good Head Coach. They have a fantastic team.

Cause the reason farve wanted to "retire" was he wanted another superbowl and thought by the time they were any good he'd be done with football.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Cause the reason farve wanted to "retire" was he wanted another superbowl and thought by the time they were any good he'd be done with football.

I don't think they win that Super Bowl with Favre. Rodgers is really good and he's young and in his prime. Favre is older and injured. But it doesn't take away the good years he had.
f**k Brett Farve. I never liked the f****t anyways. He f**ked over our beloved niners many times in the 90's and in the game against the vikings 2 years ago with the hail mary pass so I have absolutely no f**king sympathy for him.

One of the best things about the NFL last season was how Farve failed miserably.

I don't think they win that Super Bowl with Favre. Rodgers is really good and he's young and in his prime. Favre is older and injured. But it doesn't take away the good years he had.

They don't even GET to that Super Bowl with Favre.

They probably wouldn't have even snuck into the playoffs with Favre.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Feb 19, 2011 at 12:26 PM ]
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Im a NINER fan Bret Farve SUCKS!!!

Brett Favre is one of the greatest QB's of all time.

He doesn't suck.

No, he doesn't. But I think he tarnished his career just a little bit with his shenanigans the past few years.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

He doesn't suck.

No, he doesn't. But I think he tarnished his career just a little bit with his shenanigans the past few years.

He is definately one of the greatest of all-time. But I agree, many are going to remember his prima donna attention grabbing antics of his final years for a long-time to come. What I think Favre will regret the most is how he tarnished his image with Packer fans. While that will probably dim over time it will never completely go away.
Pack wouldn't of made the playoffs with Favre.

Rodgers had a All-Pro year and an even better post-season. That's why they won.
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

He doesn't suck.

He is definately one of the greatest of all-time. But I agree, many are going to remember his prima donna attention grabbing antics of his final years for a long-time to come. What I think Favre will regret the most is how he tarnished his image with Packer fans. While that will probably dim over time it will never completely go away.

What I'm going to remember about him is the countless times he ended a game with an interception, resulting in the other team winning. I'm not just talking about postseason play, either.

• mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:

He realized a few years ago that it wasn't too long before he could no longer keep up with rodgers.

They would have still made the playoffs because as soon as he blew a few games he'd be benched and never play until rodgers got that concussion, and then he would still take the #1 spot again when he got healthy.

But yes if it was only him in GB with no rodgers, it's obvious he was just out of it this season and he would have done nothing for that team.

He got a pretty magical run in vikingland 2 seasons ago, but he should have left it at that. Who can blame him for giving it another shot though, after getting so close.

If only he knew that s**tstorm was coming with the sexting allegations and everything.
We'll never forget you Brent!

Lmao, this is awesome!
i'm wondering if he signs a one day contract at the beginning of next year to retire a Packer. How long does he have to wait before Packer nation will care about him again?
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by 49erRider:

He realized a few years ago that it wasn't too long before he could no longer keep up with rodgers.

They would have still made the playoffs because as soon as he blew a few games he'd be benched and never play until rodgers got that concussion, and then he would still take the #1 spot again when he got healthy.

But yes if it was only him in GB with no rodgers, it's obvious he was just out of it this season and he would have done nothing for that team.

He got a pretty magical run in vikingland 2 seasons ago, but he should have left it at that. Who can blame him for giving it another shot though, after getting so close.

If only he knew that s**tstorm was coming with the sexting allegations and everything.

Are you forgetting that GB barely snuck into the playoffs as the last seed in the NFC? If Favre were there to blow a couple games, they don't even make the postseason.
Share 49ersWebzone