There are 185 users in the forums

Colt Brennan: Could we develop him?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by teeohh:
he will never be anybody in the nfl

Why not give him a chance as a 3 team qb? He has shown some promise, and maybe he could develop into a solid backup. Cant be any worse than Carr
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

I lol'd at when you said Brennan proved he was better than Matt Ryan during some preseason.

Their first preseasons in the league, Colt did better than Ryan. .

No, he didnt. Ryan played against starters. Brennan played against guys who are selling pagers at the mall now or playing in the AFL, which is where Colt belongs. With so many teams in need of a QB, theres a reason colt isnt on a roster.

Because he was just in a big accident, pretty much life threatening. After 3 months, hes still rehabbing. Funny thing is, right before the crash he was supposed to go back to Oakland.
No he wasnt, he wouldnt have made that team. He was 5th on the depth chart behind such superstars as Kyle Boller and Charlie Frye.

How can you say no he wasn't when I saw it on the news just days ago.

BTW Brennan was a late camp addition that never had a real shot of earning a roster spot.

Seriously jojo you talk of Brennan like he personally insulted you.
?Not at all, Im just living in the real world. Not one where padding your stats in the WAC and having a good preseason game = NFL success. Teams are DESPERATE for QB help, this guy cant get a sniff, but hes our savior cus I happened to like watching him chuck the ball around in college. Ok...... Lets sign Timmy Chang and Ty Detmer too. Graham Harrell off of GB's practice squad too!

Who said anything about savior?? Or anything about padded stats. Brennan whether you like it or not is a very accurate passer, with very good touch on his deep ball. Don't know how that's not reality too.

I know its not saying much, but I have NO DOUBT if pitted against David Carr, he would definitely beat him out. Shoot I have no doubt he'd beat out most of the young back ups in NFL, its about equal opportunity though.

BTW I love the "There's a reason why hes not on a NFL roster" comment, such the easiest thing to say about a player without properly evaluating them.

If that is not the biggest indicator of his potential, then what is?

-9fA
This guy is a bum. Not to mention he was lazy in practice for the Skins.
I'll pass we need to do more than Colt Brennan at the QB position.
CHEE HU gald to see some love for Colt Brennan......man I remember staying up past 1 in the morning watching his SR yr, and since Im from Hawaii Im an automatic fan......Ive been wanting Colt Brennan to come to the 49ers so bad, plus he is fresh I mean he hasnt thrown one ball in the NFL (fricken Zorn, you old b*****d) Atleast one year, lets see what the kids got, Im sure he's fully recoverd from the car accident.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Does anyone even know how serious his injuries were in that car wreck? There is very big likelihood that he will never be higher then a 3rd stringer, much less play again.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

I lol'd at when you said Brennan proved he was better than Matt Ryan during some preseason.

Their first preseasons in the league, Colt did better than Ryan. .

No, he didnt. Ryan played against starters. Brennan played against guys who are selling pagers at the mall now or playing in the AFL, which is where Colt belongs. With so many teams in need of a QB, theres a reason colt isnt on a roster.

Because he was just in a big accident, pretty much life threatening. After 3 months, hes still rehabbing. Funny thing is, right before the crash he was supposed to go back to Oakland.
No he wasnt, he wouldnt have made that team. He was 5th on the depth chart behind such superstars as Kyle Boller and Charlie Frye.

How can you say no he wasn't when I saw it on the news just days ago.

BTW Brennan was a late camp addition that never had a real shot of earning a roster spot.

Seriously jojo you talk of Brennan like he personally insulted you.
?Not at all, Im just living in the real world. Not one where padding your stats in the WAC and having a good preseason game = NFL success. Teams are DESPERATE for QB help, this guy cant get a sniff, but hes our savior cus I happened to like watching him chuck the ball around in college. Ok...... Lets sign Timmy Chang and Ty Detmer too. Graham Harrell off of GB's practice squad too!

Who said anything about savior?? Or anything about padded stats. Brennan whether you like it or not is a very accurate passer, with very good touch on his deep ball. Don't know how that's not reality too.

I know its not saying much, but I have NO DOUBT if pitted against David Carr, he would definitely beat him out. Shoot I have no doubt he'd beat out most of the young back ups in NFL, its about equal opportunity though.

BTW I love the "There's a reason why hes not on a NFL roster" comment, such the easiest thing to say about a player without properly evaluating them.

I dont know if Colt could come back after that accident but you're right brah, one thing you know with Colt is hes extremely accurate. Had pretty good pocket presence too and could step up when under pressure, keep his composure, and still make the throws.

Not that this translates to him being a great quarterback or anything, but I remember watching sports science a while back, and they were trying to determine which catch was better, David Tyrees grab vs the Pats, or Santonios game winner vs the Cards. Everything had to be re-created just right so the passes had to be perfect. The QB they used tp pin point the ball? Colt Brennan! AURYTE!

But considering we got NOTHING at QB right now, wouldnt hurt to give him a shot at unseating Carr at least. Too bad for Colt(but good for UH fans), he didnt come out after the 06 season. No doubt he wouldve been a much higher draft pick and given more of an oppurtunity to succeed.
Why not, I've seen guys develop into head water boy with much less talent.
I thought he was what he is whe he entered the draft, and that's not a very good NFL qb. He's a guy that's going to kick around 3rd string/backup gigs his whole career if he's lucky. Borderline NFL talent at best. Above Matt Ryan...give me a break.
I have always believed in Colt Brennan. The knock against him is he is to confident & cocky in his abilities and thats why the Redskins cut him. They thought he was to confident for a 2nd or 3rd string QB. Still he is one of the nicest and impressive guy that you are gonna meet. He has gotta strange throwing motion to say the least but very accurate and has a great pocket presence and can throw well on the run. Great confident leader as well, he has alot of faith in his own ability. I just find it amazing that no NFL Team has him on their roster. He should be a great backup in the NFL and the niners should give him a tryout at least.

Hell yeah, I wouldn't mind him.

He was getting battered by the crappy oline at Cleav-land
no no no.. Brennan is so sux!! no Thanks!! you are still fan to Brennan?
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

lol wut?

......what

WTF?