There are 127 users in the forums

Trade for Palmer and draft QB

49ers should trade 4th round pick for Palmer, draft QB and let him set behind Palmer for like 2-4 years. Best route imo.
yes
BRILLIANTS
Lee Hammer says "YES"
cool Username. And the most logical thing to do. If only everyone could understand that.
  • dwett
  • Veteran

Smith > Palmer

Palmer had more weapons at his disposal(T.O. O.C) and still had a lower passer rating than Smith. I know, I know, the passer rating means very little, just go compare stats. At one time Palmer was a..... Eh....good qb now he is IMO washed up.

And let's face it, Palmers in a play for us or retire standoff with the bengals. Whith the CBA s**t and just the fact that the bengals won't let him go I really doubt we end up with Palmer.

4th round pick? They would ask at least 2nd and some.
i can't believe no one thought of this before!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

u must shop at the same hat store as my boy Joe Somebody.

May take more but your on the right page. I think palmer has dipped in production because he's surrounded by a bunch of pre maddonas. Chad dropped a lot of balls and broke a lot of routes early says my trusted Bengal friend. Plus palmer and his OC didn't see eye to eye a lot. Also his o line play was crappy in pass protection. Man I think I'd be depressed living in cinci lol.
Originally posted by ImOnFire15:
49ers should trade 4th round pick for Palmer, draft QB and let him set behind Palmer for like 2-4 years. Best route imo.

FOUR YEARS? He'd be a friggin free agent by the time you'd want him to start. Ryan, Flacco, Bradford, to a lesser extent McCoy, Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman, Cutler and Roethlisberger all player significant time or more in their first year. And you want to sit a guy for FOUR years? Aaron Rodgers sat for just three years and that was backing up Brett Favre, not a past his prime Carson Palmer (if he did ever did have a prime)
Share 49erswebzone