LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Why Green Bay Won the Superbowl

Shop 49ers game tickets
Mike McCarthy is a crook. See below.

Joe Posnanski wrote a great piece last week about the constancy of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Through good times and slightly less good times, the Steelers have retained their identity to the delight of their fans.

Another great dynasty, the 49ers, lost their way sometime around the Dennis Erickson era.

To the delight of 49ers fans, Jim Harbaugh wants to bring the identity of the West Coast offense back to San Francisco. Bill Walsh endorsed Harbaugh for the Stanford job back in 2007, and Harbaugh has made it his mission to bring Walsh’s principles back to the franchise.

"Matt Maiocco of Comcast Bay Area reports the 49ers recently received a “shipment of tapes and DVDs from NFL Films” that contains Walsh installing the offense over the years.

The 49ers — always ahead of their time — taped everything. Unfortunately for Harbaugh, the library of videos at the team facility has been decimated by coaches that took videos and never returned them.

When Harbaugh has a little more time in his schedule and the new videos are cataloged, he’s looking forward to watching and learning from Walsh.

“We’re all very excited about that,” Harbaugh told Maiocco. “We’re all kind of champing at the bit to get our hands on that.”
What a thief. I was thinking the same thing when I read that article.
Aaron Rodgers
  • Dino
  • Veteran
that's why
you know how we do it when we do it
This thread is why you don't have any friends.
Yeah, when McCarthy left for the HC job, I wouldn't doubt he was part of the many coaches that helped themselves to the archive tapes. Now that they won, he should come clean and return them via mail anonymously. Although, SF would figure it out when the postmark says GB, Wisconsin on the envelope.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Yeah, when McCarthy left for the HC job, I wouldn't doubt he was part of the many coaches that helped themselves to the archive tapes. Now that they won, he should come clean and return them via mail anonymously. Although, SF would figure it out when the postmark says GB, Wisconsin on the envelope.

I bet it was Joe Montana back in the 90's who ganked that s**t and took it to use to teach his kids.
McCarthy stole the tapes, and tricked Nolan into drafting Alex. It was all part of his fudge packer plan.

How exactly does this point the finger directly at McCarthy?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
How exactly does this point the finger directly at McCarthy?

It's because McCarthy is a minority.
Umm... because they scored more than Pittsburgh?
Watching the packers with all their walsh type slants makes me ill.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
they scored the most points
Share 49ersWebzone