Alot of praise and love given to a man who the 49ers passed up :(

Its deserving. What will the 49ers do?

WW4D?
  • mod
  • Veteran
Montana?
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Montana?

He said..his Awareness, Knowledge of the offense and accuracy is very similar.
Another thread about how we should jump in the time machine and go back and change 2005. Great...
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

ouchhh :( Thats like seeing a great QB who we had a chance to draft in previous year...be on another team! oh wait?
McCarthy chose Alex over Rodgers. Blame him.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
McCarthy chose Alex over Rodgers. Blame him.

Very true. A lot of people had it slated that way at the time. Sometimes teams don't know. They didn't know on Montana or Brady either. Even the 49ers and Pats. If the 49ers knew they wouldn't pass 2 times. And if the Pats knew they wouldn't pass 5 times. Sometimes guys just turn out better than you thought.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Another thread about how we should jump in the time machine and go back and change 2005. Great...
Yea, he's good.

I wanted us to draft Aaron Rodgers over Alex Smith (I'll admit the names alone had a significant impact on my preference) but I got over it. Now it's been 6 years and noone knows how the folds of history would've been moved by that decision. No matter how much anyone considers what could have been, it's unknowable and it didn't happen.

Why do you guys want to torture yourselves like this?

[ Edited by mug0mug on Feb 8, 2011 at 03:31:36 ]

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Kind of sad when Joe Buck said he grew up a Montana and Young fan then sat and watched as his favorite team passed him up for Alex
What will the 49ers do?

Absolutely nothing.
Share 49ersWebzone