LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

We need a Nick Collins...a ball hawk!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
If we had a ball hawk safety..like a Nick Collins(did you see that INT return for TD, he is a beast playmaker) we would be set. We need someone who can eliminate half of our football field, like Ed Reed does! This is just as much of a need as OLB/DE/QB! We keep hearing about needing a outside pass rusher, but what about a ball hawk safety..something we havent had since what-> TONY PARRISH?

We should def consider trading for a Legitimate FS and grooming TAYLOR MAYS at SS! not a huge fan of Goldson or Reggie Smith!

What do you guys say... I say we sign/trade for a FS

NICK COLLINS IN 4 SEASONS: 21 INTERCEPTIONS, 6 DEFENSIVE TDS! have we had 6 defensive TDs as a team over the last 4 years combined??

Please football GODS get us a NICK COLLINS type baller.

[ Edited by DaFaro49ers on Feb 7, 2011 at 22:56:23 ]
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
If we had a ball hawk safety..like a Nick Collins(did you see that INT return for TD, he is a beast playmaker) we would be set. We need someone who can eliminate half of our football field, like Ed Reed does! This is just as much of a need as OLB/DE/QB! We keep hearing about needing a outside pass rusher, but what about a ball hawk safety..something we havent had since what-> TONY PARRISH?

We should def consider trading for a Legitimate FS and grooming TAYLOR MAYS at SS! not a huge fan of Goldson or Reggie Smith!

What do you guys say... I say we sign/trade for a FS

NICK COLLINS IN 4 SEASONS: 21 INTERCEPTIONS, 6 DEFENSIVE TDS! have we had 6 defensive TDs as a team over the last 4 years combined??

Please football GODS get us a NICK COLLINS type baller.

Very true. Mays at ss but we need to upgrade fs. Goldson is above average and smith is average. I cant believe collins has that many tds. I always thought he was good but not pro bowl good. The nfc just doesnt have safeties like the afc. Goldson in 09 had the best overall numbers of all the pro bowl nfc safeties but this year he did not perform. We cant have that happen again.
Should have seen this thread coming the second he dove into the endzone.
Half of the webzone could have picked off that pass.
It was pretty much a punt...
Ben Pumped and that what pulled the saftey that way. Then he gets his arm caught and the ball is a gift to the saftey! Thats a passrush!!!
Dashon Goldson was a good ball hawk last year. Not sure why he regressed. But he would have done the same thing Nick Collins did on that play. Easiest interception ever. Might as well have been a hand off.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Ben Pumped and that what pulled the saftey that way. Then he gets his arm caught and the ball is a gift to the saftey! Thats a passrush!!!

this. Rothlesburger doesn't get hit on that play, it's a big gain.
that was pass rush but I agree with you.
Asomugha, Miller, Willis that will make Mays look like Lott.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

this is true, a great front seven and good corners allows safeties to do other stuff. That is why Troy P and Ed Reed have so much freedom back there.

Excuse me for it going over my head, but what Miller are you speaking of?
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Excuse me for it going over my head, but what Miller are you speaking of?

Share 49ersWebzone