LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Mike Munchak is Titans head coach

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:

tennesseetitans Tennessee Titans

The #Titans have hired Mike Munchak as the 16th head coach in franchise history.

Quote:
SI_PeterKing Peter King

If you're the Titans, you couldn't wait a couple days to talk to Dom Capers?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Mike Munchkin
  • BobS
  • Veteran
How many position coaches with no head coaching experience have succeeded in the NFL as head coaches?
Originally posted by susweel:
Mike Munchkin

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
How many position coaches with no head coaching experience have succeeded in the NFL as head coaches?

Andy Reid and...
This one really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You got rid of a very good coach who was just stagnant and replaced him with a big change...nope not at all.

huh, missed it. You could have just kept Fisher if you were not going to really test the water.
Andy Reid
John Harbaugh
Jim Caldwell (if you consider him the coach )
Tony Sparano (if you want to call him successful)
Herm Edwards (if you want to call him successful)
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Andy Reid
John Harbaugh
Jim Caldwell (if you consider him the coach )
Tony Sparano (if you want to call him successful)
Herm Edwards (if you want to call him successful)

John Harbaugh was a special teams coach which a coordinator position, he only switched because special teams coaches weren't viewed as potential head coaches.

Jim Caldwell was head coach of Wake Forest from 96-00.

Tony Sparano was an offensive coordinator at Boston University from 89-93 and head coach of New Haven from 94-98.

So only one's are Reid and Edwards and Edwards has a .422 winning percentage as a HC, so only Reid has made the transition successful.

[ Edited by Jcool on Feb 7, 2011 at 13:42:21 ]

(not counting his community college stint)
This makes me sad. I have been saying for a few years now, that Fisher needed to go. I think he is one of the most overrated coaches, and cannot figure out why everyone thinks he is so great. At the press conference the other day, when Fisher left, they talked with the GM and President too. When Floyd Reece was GM he was very vocal and you heard from him often, but these guys I know next to nothing about - except from this one press conference. These guys made "Dumb and Dumber" look smart! They seem utterly clueless. I think the whole search for a new HC was a sham. It was reported the night before that press conference that Munchak was the owner's favorite to replace Fisher, so this is really no suprise.

Not only did they not wait to talk with Dom Capers, they really didn't talk with anyone. They interviewed Munchak and Heimerdinger. Dinger is getting treated for cancer and nobody really knows how well he is going to respond. The guy was AMAZING in sticking with the team to finish out the season while getting treated, and I have respect for him - but to slap the responsibilities of HC on him right now would be a huge burden. They interviewed Perry Fewell to satisfy the Rooney Rule, and Mike Mularky. Gregg Williams apparently declined to interview with them. So realisticly, they interviewed ONE candidate - Mularky - outside of the one they seemed to want from the start, Munchak. Way to "search" for a coach...

• titan
  • Veteran
Who? I hope he sucks!
He's been Fishers OL coach for all 14 years he's been with the team and produced some of the best, most consistent O-lines in the NFL. Don't laugh because you haven't heard of him.
i woulda totally hired mary mornihweg
The Titans will be one of the worst teams in football next year.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Raheem Morris was mainly a positional coach before taking over for the Bucs.
Share 49ersWebzone