LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

Seven selected for Hall of Fame

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by glorydayz:
The hall of fame is a joke, I don't even recognize that $#!t anymore.

How can all of these nobody old guys get in before true champions? It's like a good ol' boys club with a few exceptions.

LMAO, the HOF isn't even an attraction to most people.

Eddie D, and Charles Haley account for 10 rings! Yet guys like Marino are in the HOF, the credibility of the HOF has taken a serious hit. I notice how they like to induct players who played before players of color were permitted to play. The seniors comittee runs the show, and now they put in a NFL films guy before champions?

LOL

Did you know the NBA doesn't have footage of Chamberlain's 100 point game? The NFL doesn't have that problem because of Sabol. He's a pretty big deal.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

How can all of these nobody old guys get in before true champions? It's like a good ol' boys club with a few exceptions.

Eddie D, and Charles Haley account for 10 rings! Yet guys like Marino are in the HOF, the credibility of the HOF has taken a serious hit. I notice how they like to induct players who played before players of color were permitted to play. The seniors comittee runs the show, and now they put in a NFL films guy before champions?

LOL

Did you know the NBA doesn't have footage of Chamberlain's 100 point game? The NFL doesn't have that problem because of Sabol. He's a pretty big deal.

Good point and I agree with you

LOL

Did you know that Eddie D is resposible for pretty much everything from; a need for a salary cap, hiring the guy who created the WCO, winning 5 SB titles, as well as two decades of owning the NFC West? He is pretty important too!

Haley was on our team and he was a big reason why we won, than he went to Dallas and was a big reason why we lost and they won!

These two guys meant just as much as the film guy, only they did it on the football side.

I hear you and I respect the guys work but it is the Pro Football HOF, there are some Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders that have done some great things for the game as well, should they go ahead of players, coaches, and owners too?

LOL

Sabol's induction is LONG overdue, IMO.
How the hell does Deon Sanders make a first ballot and Charles Haley gets the cold shoulder AGAIN!!! This is a buncj of BULL.....if the wanna talk about character issues they should have looked at the film of Prime slapping Mooch for voting him in the top 30 of the 100 greatest of all time......I thought that showed no class.....so this goes to show me that the HOF is not all about what you do on the field....but how much ass you kiss to get where you wanna be......so sad for Haley.

LOL

Did you know that Eddie D is resposible for pretty much everything from; a need for a salary cap, hiring the guy who created the WCO, winning 5 SB titles, as well as two decades of owning the NFC West? He is pretty important too!

Haley was on our team and he was a big reason why we won, than he went to Dallas and was a big reason why we lost and they won!

These two guys meant just as much as the film guy, only they did it on the football side.

I hear you and I respect the guys work but it is the Pro Football HOF, there are some Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders that have done some great things for the game as well, should they go ahead of players, coaches, and owners too?

Ramble, ramble, ramble.

I just said Sabol deserves to be in, not that Eddie D and Haley don't deserve it. Of course they do. Calm down, and stop looking for a fight. Comparing Sabol to cheerleaders shows how little you know about his contribution to the NFL.
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
How the hell does Deon Sanders make a first ballot and Charles Haley gets the cold shoulder AGAIN!!! This is a buncj of BULL.....if the wanna talk about character issues they should have looked at the film of Prime slapping Mooch for voting him in the top 30 of the 100 greatest of all time......I thought that showed no class.....so this goes to show me that the HOF is not all about what you do on the field....but how much ass you kiss to get where you wanna be......so sad for Haley.

You can't compare Sander's antics with Haley's antics. That would be an insult to just how crazy Charles Haley was.

You can't compare Sander's antics with Haley's antics. That would be an insult to just how crazy Charles Haley was.

Ok I get that Haley might have been slightly out there....but nobody can tell me that he doesnt deserve to be in the HOF.

Ok I get that Haley might have been slightly out there....but nobody can tell me that he doesnt deserve to be in the HOF.

What's everybody's deal in this thread. Nobody has said Haley doesn't deserve it.
Everybody's mad because by him not making it.....that shows that deserving it is one thing and not getting into the HOF because your not on NFL Network or a game analyst, or on Sportscenter talking sh** is another. I would bet my life savings on if Haley was right next to Deon on NFL Network like Faulk is, Haley would have been voted in along time ago.

Everybody's mad because by him not making it.....that shows that deserving it is one thing and not getting into the HOF because your not on NFL Network or a game analyst, or on Sportscenter talking sh** is another. I would bet my life savings on if Haley was right next to Deon on NFL Network like Faulk is, Haley would have been voted in along time ago.

Cris Carter on ESPN and he keeps getting skipped over also. Being on tv means nothing to getting you into the hall of fame. Haley's gonna get in just not 1s ballot.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Cris Carter on ESPN and he keeps getting skipped over also. Being on tv means nothing to getting you into the hall of fame. Haley's gonna get in just not 1s ballot.

Im pretty sure this isnt his 1st ballot.

True I just meant that he's gonna get in eventually instead of being a 1st timer. He'll get in then the argument will turn into is he a Cowboy or a Niner in terms of the hall.

True I just meant that he's gonna get in eventually instead of being a 1st timer. He'll get in then the argument will turn into is he a Cowboy or a Niner in terms of the hall.

Yea hopefully they Shannon Sharpe him and make him wait 3 times.....i just think its BS that someone like Primtime gets in 1st ballot.....thats all im saying.....Haley was so much better.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6093495

Quote:
Sanders and Marshall Faulk led a class of seven voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday. Joining them were Shannon Sharpe, Richard Dent, Ed Sabol, Les Richter and Chris Hanburger.

Never heard of Richter or Hanburger, but I can't make any argument against Sanders and Faulk headlining the class (especially with Faulk on the Rams, though he did some great work in Indy as well)

I have a personal hatred of Richter (he is deceased now). I used to live down the street from his vacation home in Lake Arrowhead 25 years ago he was always calling the cops on my parties. We kept the noise down, kept people out of the street and took the keys from any people to intoxicated to drive. As soon as the jerk saw a dozen cars in front of my house the cops would show up. I was the only full time resident on the whole street, so it wasn't like my parties impacted anyone. He was over a quarter mile away from us, so no one was even parking close to his house. He used to make crap up saying we were breaking beer bottles in the street, etc,etc. Cops would show up and they couldn't find any glass in the street. He must have been buying them doughnuts or something.
Share 49ersWebzone