LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Seven selected for Hall of Fame

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Paul
  • Veteran
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6093495

Quote:
Sanders and Marshall Faulk led a class of seven voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday. Joining them were Shannon Sharpe, Richard Dent, Ed Sabol, Les Richter and Chris Hanburger.

Never heard of Richter or Hanburger, but I can't make any argument against Sanders and Faulk headlining the class (especially with Faulk on the Rams, though he did some great work in Indy as well)
The hall of fame is a joke, I don't even recognize that $#!t anymore.

How can all of these nobody old guys get in before true champions? It's like a good ol' boys club with a few exceptions.

LMAO, the HOF isn't even an attraction to most people.

Eddie D, and Charles Haley account for 10 rings! Yet guys like Marino are in the HOF, the credibility of the HOF has taken a serious hit. I notice how they like to induct players who played before players of color were permitted to play. The seniors comittee runs the show, and now they put in a NFL films guy before champions?

LOL
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:

How can all of these nobody old guys get in before true champions? It's like a good ol' boys club with a few exceptions.

Eddie D, and Charles Haley account for 10 rings! Yet guys like Marino are in the HOF, the credibility of the HOF has taken a serious hit. I notice how they like to induct players who played before players of color were permitted to play. The seniors comittee runs the show, and now they put in a NFL films guy before champions?

LOL

HOF is an individual award. SB wins can help, but isn't and shouldn't be the primary criteria.
No Curtis Martin.

Favorite Non-9er of all time. Such a underrated RB IMHO. I believe this was his first time eligible though. He'll get in next year.
Yeah, Cris Carter totally doesn't deserve to go in. That snub makes zero sense to me.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Yeah, Cris Carter totally doesn't deserve to go in. That snub makes zero sense to me.

I disagree if Art Monk can get in than Chris Carter should get in. The guy was phenomenal to watch catch the ball. I think Andre Reed deserves it more than both of them. I still cant believe Haley did not get in.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

I disagree if Art Monk can get in than Chris Carter should get in. The guy was phenomenal to watch catch the ball. I think Andre Reed deserves it more than both of them. I still cant believe Haley did not get in.

Your sarcasms are broken. Carter shouldn't have to keep waiting, he should be in already.

Your sarcasms are broken. Carter shouldn't have to keep waiting, he should be in already.

whoa were you being serious or not lol?
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

LOL

HOF is an individual award. SB wins can help, but isn't and shouldn't be the primary criteria.

Then T.O should be a lock right?

Owens is gonna get denied as a 1st ballot HOF'er because of his off the field antics and people will claim "He was good, but never won a SB" as the reason.

Remember, its not former players voting for the HOF, its media members IIRC. Players such as Haley, Owens, etc. werent exactly media friendly.

Haley, from my understanding, played with Bipolar Disorder and wasn't officially diagnosed until 1999. Yet he still managed to help win 5 SB's. Was top 25 in sacks when he was first eligible.

[ Edited by ads_2006 on Feb 6, 2011 at 06:41:57 ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:

LOL

Owens is gonna get denied as a 1st ballot HOF'er because of his off the field antics and people will claim "He was good, but never won a SB" as the reason.

Anyone in their right mind would be crazy if TO does not get first ballet. You know how much publicity he has brought to the NFL and how many fans bought tickets just to see him play? The guy is only 2nd behind Rice in RCY and RECTD's. He and Marino share almost the same situation as far as that goes.

LOL

Anyone in their right mind would be crazy if TO does not get first ballet. You know how much publicity he has brought to the NFL and how many fans bought tickets just to see him play? The guy is only 2nd behind Rice in RCY and RECTD's. He and Marino share almost the same situation as far as that goes.

I dont think he gets in 1st ballot

Art Monk lead the NFL in many categories when he retired and wasn't 1st ballot, hell he didnt get in until 2008
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

LOL

Remember, its not former players voting for the HOF, its media members IIRC. Players such as Haley, Owens, etc. werent exactly media friendly.

Haley, from my understanding, played with Bipolar Disorder and wasn't officially diagnosed until 1999. Yet he still managed to help win 5 SB's. Was top 25 in sacks when he was first eligible.

I understand that, there are media biases when they vote for HOF. TO and Haley may not get in due to their off-field issues (which is bs, unless you killed/raped a human being).

But, I don't think one should be voted into the HOF because they have won Superbowls but their individual stats don't come close to other eligible players. For example, if I had to pick one player to go into Hall between Terry Bradshaw and Marino - Marino goes in every single time.
Haley should get in. Not cool.

LOL

I know that, hell I'm not saying JJ stokes should get in because of his Patriots SB ring! The thing is the hof is a running joke because the good ol' boys pick the players they LIKE and deny the players they don't like.

What type of system is that? I think all teams should have thier own HOF, and or ring of honor. All the current HOF does id boost a players autograph price anyway LOL.

LOL

I know that, hell I'm not saying JJ stokes should get in because of his Patriots SB ring! The thing is the hof is a running joke because the good ol' boys pick the players they LIKE and deny the players they don't like.

What type of system is that? I think all teams should have thier own HOF, and or ring of honor. All the current HOF does id boost a players autograph price anyway LOL.

who do you think should not have gotten in?
Share 49ersWebzone