LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 339 users in the forums

NFL CBA Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Jason LaCanfora: JOINT NFL - NFLPA STATEMENT: The NFL and NFL Players Association met for two hours today in a continuing effort to narrow the differences and reach a fair agreement that will benefit the players, teams, and fans. We plan to increase the number, length, and intensity of bargaining sessions so that we can reach agreement before the March 4 expiration of the current CBA.

[ Edited by PTulini on Feb 5, 2011 at 13:25:52 ]
get er done!!!!
2 Hours?

2 Hours?!!!!???

After all this time and all of the publicly stated differences, they meet for a whole 2 hours?

That's hardly enough time to even lay things out in as complicated of a situation as the NFL's CBA must be.

Disappointed, but maybe they plan it out to start slow and build up so that they break up before anybody says/does something stupid.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I haven't watched baseball since 1994. I was a bigger Giants fan than a 49ers fan. Matt Williams was going to get the home run record. He was my favorite player. I missed out on the World Series this year.

They better not f**k this up.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by socal9er42:
2 Hours?

2 Hours?!!!!???

After all this time and all of the publicly stated differences, they meet for a whole 2 hours?

That's hardly enough time to even lay things out in as complicated of a situation as the NFL's CBA must be.

Disappointed, but maybe they plan it out to start slow and build up so that they break up before anybody says/does something stupid.

No s**t!!!

I've negotiated buying a brand new car for longer than that!!!!

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by socal9er42:
2 Hours?

2 Hours?!!!!???

No s**t!!!

I've negotiated buying a brand new car for longer than that!!!!

They were probably just laying the ground work for future negotiations. Just getting them into the same room is a big first step IMO.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=151348
Share 49ersWebzone