LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Bradford named offensive rookie of the year

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Snider8706:
blount had a 1000 yards and 6TDs....pouncey was a probowl center......williams had 11TDs....there were a lot of rookies that dserved consideration, b rad sucks and will get demolished by our D next year. he's just one shoulder hit away from becoming mathew "never stay healthy" stafford.

Lets look at the #'s.

Bradford had 18td's, 15int's, and a QB rating of 76.5
Blount had 1,007yards, 5.0avg, and 6td's
Mike Williams had 65rec, 964yrd's, and 11td's

Who had the better year?

Blount gets my vote. Through the first 6 games Blount had 10 carries for 30yrds. do the math, had L. Blount started 16 games he might have broken several rookie rushing records.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Captain Checkdown.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
I wonder how Pouncey did in the voting.

Quote:
The voters certainly were comfortable with Bradford's passing and leadership.

He earned 44 votes from a nationwide panel of 50 media members who regularly cover the league. Only two other rookies received votes: Tampa Bay wide receiver Mike Williams earned four, and Pittsburgh center Maurkice Pouncey had two.

Pouncey deserved more votes.

What I find most interesting is how Suh did not receive a single vote for DPOY. An argument can be made that he was at the very least deserving of a few votes.

2 votes?! He's a Pro Bowl center!

Sam Bradford was a rookie QB on the 1-15 Rams and played like a top 15 QB right off the bat most of this season. Theres no doubt what he did was by far and away deserved offensive ROY. almost every writer with a vote saw this, so whoever was left didnt see many votes.

I wouldve just liked to see Iupati get 1. He became what some consider a top 5 run blocking G as a rookie. He definitely flew under the radar out west. if he played for the Jets, Steelers, Pats, etc he wouldve been hyped up a ton more.

Pouncey looked better than Iupati did as a rookie IMHO.

I don't disagree that Bradford deserved it, however OL never get any love. He was deserving of more than 2 votes.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er4life:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
blount had a 1000 yards and 6TDs....pouncey was a probowl center......williams had 11TDs....there were a lot of rookies that dserved consideration, b rad sucks and will get demolished by our D next year. he's just one shoulder hit away from becoming mathew "never stay healthy" stafford.

Lets look at the #'s.

Bradford had 18td's, 15int's, and a QB rating of 76.5
Blount had 1,007yards, 5.0avg, and 6td's
Mike Williams had 65rec, 964yrd's, and 11td's

Who had the better year?

Blount gets my vote. Through the first 6 games Blount had 10 carries for 30yrds. do the math, had L. Blount started 16 games he might have broken several rookie rushing records.

It's also easier to play RB in the NFL than it is QB, especially as a rookie. It's not just about stats either. What Bradford was able to do as a rookie is very impressive.
It is the "safe" pick
F**k Bradford!!
Share 49ersWebzone