LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

If Dick LeBeau became the Steelers head coach after Cowher retired...

Shop 49ers game tickets
well he doesn't want to be the HC, but IMO, they would have been in the same spot.

Tomlin is a good coach but inherited a great team founded on the LeBeau D. That is still there.

It is not like he came in and had to install a whole new offense and defense and coaching staff. This junk was in place. It is a dream scenario for any coach.
our former Dline coach who finished with a win!!! O wait he's still the dline coach, haha!
Lets see, Superbowl winning Defense built by Cowher, check... Franchise Qb/Rapist, check. Replace one of the best backs in the bus, check... Hines ward to block, check... Game plan let the defense win the game, check... Run the ball, check... Drafted stud Center, check... Trade off or let trouble making wr's walk, so you keep team chemistry... Aka Plaxico, and Holmes... Check.
Sounds like he makes the right moves, to aquire young talent and keep the team going...

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Feb 4, 2011 at 22:19:49 ]
as long as he kept control of the defense, they wouldve been just as good with as they are now. the Steelers run a very solid organization. LeBeau is one of the top reasons why theyre always in contention.
Originally posted by E-49er:
Lebeau was the head coach of the Bengals from 2000-2002 and held a record of 12-33 as head coach there despite improving the defense significantly. If Lebeau became the HC when Cowher retired I don't think they would have been as successful as they are today and He would probably be his own DC.

You beat me to it. Although, I do think he would have done better than 12 wins in 3 years. But at the same time, I doubt it would be this much success.
Share 49ersWebzone