LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 401 users in the forums

Jeff Fisher Apparently Out

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I think it is smart on their part. Dude has become stagnant. Having decent years and making the playoffs once every three years is not what I would want.

Time for a change for both.

Yup

No Superbowl wins in 17 years its time for a change.

The Steelers could have used that same logic with Cower. He was there for a LONG time before they won a Superbowl.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/27/report-jeff-fisher-on-the-way-out-in-tennessee/

This is nuts, I wonder if they'll end up keeping VY now.

Adams already said VY wasn't going to be on the roster next year, and that the QB and HC positions would be dealt with as separate issues.

Adams also said very clearly that Young and Fisher were both under contract for next season, and that both would be here next year. He backed that statement up later when asked about he rift, saying those two would just have to learn to co-exist.

Adams loves Young, that much is obvious. He was the one that made the decision to draft him, and he was the one that over-ruled Fisher last year and demanded Young start. The decision to let him go, came after a meeting between Adams and the team president and GM. So I am going to assume they had a lot of influence in that decision.

On a side note, DC Chuck Cecil was fired last week after being told he'd be back next season. So the moral of the story? It's not the 1st time they have changed their minds, it might not be the last.
Brian Billick and staff be ready.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Maybe Harbaugh can give Fisher a job in SF...as an Asst. OL and TE Coach.

Asst. Head Coach Defense? Or does Brad Seely have the Asst. Head Coach title in additon to his ST. Coordinator job? I can't remember.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

Asst. Head Coach Defense? Or does Brad Seely have the Asst. Head Coach title in additon to his ST. Coordinator job? I can't remember.

Yes he does I checked. Can you have more than one Asst. Head Coach?

[ Edited by GorefullBore on Jan 27, 2011 at 20:43:09 ]

Correct
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Correct

I checked and posted just seconds after you did lol. Thanks just the same.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
He was never the same when he lost "Air Mcnair"

Yup. Just further illustrates that QBs make the franchise. Belichick was a bum before Brady, now he's a genius. I wonder how Payton would have worked out if Brees went to Miami.
Originally posted by TX9R:

Yup. Just further illustrates that QBs make the franchise. Belichick was a bum before Brady, now he's a genius. I wonder how Payton would have worked out if Brees went to Miami.

Saban would probably still be HC

Yep QB is the franchise so lets hope we dont waste Harbaugh and get a QB for the future. Come on Baalke!

• Jcool
  • Veteran

Yep QB is the franchise so lets hope we dont waste Harbaugh and get a QB for the future. Come on Baalke!

Well to be fair with Brady out Cassel went 11-5 with 21 Tds and 11 ints, starting for the first time since high school, that got him a six-year, $62.7 million contract that includes $28 million in guaranteed money, and $40.5 million in total compensation in the first three seasons.
Jeff Fisher is going to be a HC somewhere. he isnt coming here in any form.

he will probably take the year off unless a team like the Giants or Jaguars now decide to axe their HC now that hes available.
Originally posted by Niners99:

he will probably take the year off unless a team like the Giants or Jaguars now decide to axe their HC now that hes available.

Their are a lot of rumblings that he might take the Eagles DC job.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Niners99:

Their are a lot of rumblings that he might take the Eagles DC job.

no there aren't.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Well to be fair with Brady out Cassel went 11-5 with 21 Tds and 11 ints, starting for the first time since high school, that got him a six-year, $62.7 million contract that includes $28 million in guaranteed money, and $40.5 million in total compensation in the first three seasons.

Yea but look how much speed he has on that offense, hes not entirely doing it by himself.
Share 49ersWebzone