LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Singletary Interview

Shop 49ers game tickets
"I'll work very closely with the coordinator there. They already have one there (Fred Pagac)," Singletary said. "Of course, Leslie Frazier is there -- one of my old teammates. That gives me an opportunity to work very closely on both sides of the ball. But to say I need to be a coordinator in order to be a successful head coach, I don't think that's totally necessary."

Read more: Singletary reflects on time with 49ers, looks forward to new challenge
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

He still doesn't get it.

Oh yeah, he also accepted the entire blame for not being in good communications with Baalke. He said Baalke did a good job.

Singletary begins his tenure with Vikings with the same title, linebackers coach/assistant head coach, he had when he began with the 49ers in 2005. Singletary seemed happy and confidant and decidedly unbowed by his experience with the 49ers. He said he not only wants to be a head coach again, but still feels he can become one of the greatest head coaches in league history.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/01/confident-singl.html#ixzz1C4pCqctr
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
MS: "I think what I have learned is, particularly when you talk about the quarterback. I still feel the same way to a degree. It's one of 22 (positions) in the way that I would coach it and approach it. I think the quarterback needs to be in that group, but they need to somehow look at him differently. But I don't think the coaches and everyone else can look at him differently. And I think that's the thing I was saying more than anything else. He's one of those 11. But he's part of that offense where they have to look at him and they have to believe in him, and I just think that's one of the biggest things."

You don't have to read too far between the lines to see that Singletary wishes that his main quarterback with the 49ers, Alex Smith, had better leadership skills. In fact, Singletary said as much last season when praising Troy Smith.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/01/confident-singl.html#ixzz1C4vQ69A6

Sing to Alex

blah blah blah
  • Dino
  • Veteran
he's a f**king idiot
LOL
Quote:

"I'd be willing to sit down with anybody and talk Xs and Os on both sides of the ball. As a matter of fact, I've talked to a number of coordinators, and kind of helped them in some areas.
smh.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Quote:
He said he not only wants to be a head coach again, but still feels he can become one of the greatest head coaches in league history.

good for him. he still has a lot to learn, though. more power to Mike. i wish him well on his future endeavors.
Originally posted by boast:
Quote:
He said he not only wants to be a head coach again, but still feels he can become one of the greatest head coaches in league history.

good for him. he still has a lot to learn, though. more power to Mike. i wish him well on his future endeavors.

honestly, i think he has a lot of good qualities that a good HC needs. but he needs to take a step back and realize that his way of thinking is severely outdated.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Good guy. Just because it didn't work out here doesn't mean it won't work out elsewhere. If he has the passion to learn, anything can happen.

I wish the best for him.

firing mike martz and hiring jimmy raye was his biggest mistake, (among many) if sing had a good o.c. he would have been alright. He is not an offensive mind. He tired to be and was way in over his head.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Good guy. Just because it didn't work out here doesn't mean it won't work out elsewhere. If he has the passion to learn, anything can happen.

I wish the best for him.

cosigned. He's a dumbass, but he's a dumbass who tries really hard. And with enough effort it's possible.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
18-22 as our coach, not really a bad record... he just picked some bad coordinators.. I think he could have worked out if we went with someone other than Jimmy Raye this year. I think down the road he will be a head coach again.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
He's such an ass bag now.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Its not that he picked bad coordinators, its that he has no network to use to go out and get coordinators. It was easy for people to turn him down because they had no connection to him. It is one of the reasons he didn't get the job in Atlanta because when they asked him about assistant coaches he couldn't name anyone he would bring with him. There is a reason Hall of Fame players make terrible coaches and it seems Singletary still hasn't quiet learned from his mistakes. I don't see him ever being a head coach again.
Share 49ersWebzone