There are 245 users in the forums

Cromartie actually says something that makes sense

Shop 49ers game tickets
“You got our head union rep acting like an a-hole,” Cromartie told Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “They got their guys acting like a-holes. So they just need to get their sh– together and just get it done.”

Cromartie seemed to realize that some other players may not be thrilled with his comments.

“Honestly, I don’t give a damn if they get mad at me or not,” Cromartie said. “But it’s getting to the point where it’s getting ridiculous when everything is always dealing with money. You’re basically dealing with people’s livelihoods.

“You’re dealing with hundreds of thousands of other people in this workplace from the venues to everyone else. To me, you need to stop b***hing about it. If you want to say that you want to get into a room and meet. Then, do it. Don’t just talk about it.”

link from PFT
THAT made sense to you? Can someone translate for me please? I don't even know WTF he's talking about.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
THAT made sense to you? Can someone translate for me please? I don't even know WTF he's talking about.

He is talking about the Labor Union dude. You know a deal has to get done so he could feed all 7 of his kids.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

He is talking about the Labor Union dude. You know a deal has to get done so he could feed all 7 of his kids.

oooooooooooh. for a second, I thought he was talking smack about the Jets.

lol

In other words Cromartie is saying i got a lot of mouths to feed and a lot of child support to pay. Get a deal done
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

lol come on

He is saying that the players union and the owners are talking a big game but neither are doing anything to get a deal done. If there is a lockout players, stadium workers, officials, and fans are affected. Also he has like 10 kids and those child supports payments are a b***h.
I agree with him.

And at least he was thinking about people other than the players.
[ Edited by Rubberneck36 on Jan 24, 2011 at 1:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Esco:

lol come on

He is saying that the players union and the owners are talking a big game but neither are doing anything to get a deal done. If there is a lockout players, stadium workers, officials, and fans are affected. Also he has like 10 kids and those child supports payments are a b***h.

Which is exactly why the players have no leverage. How many players can survive without an NFL season? How many owners can survive without an NFL season? Owners will destroy the players in this CBA.

lol come on

Atleast Travis Henry is no longer in the league.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

lol come on

Which is exactly why the players have no leverage. How many players can survive without an NFL season? How many owners can survive without an NFL season? Owners will destroy the players in this CBA.

Exactly. There are a ton of irresponsible 20-something year old players that need to work, but unless I'm missing something, each NFL owner will be just fine. I mean, when I hear players talk about other players living paycheck to paycheck, it just blows my mind.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by 9erReign:

lol come on

Exactly. There are a ton of irresponsible 20-something year old players that need to work, but unless I'm missing something, each NFL owner will be just fine. I mean, when I hear players talk about other players living paycheck to paycheck, it just blows my mind.

Man did you ever watch Hard Knocks 2 years ago wiht the Bengals. Marvin Lewis had to actually explain to Chad why it's smart to put your money in the bank. He was telling Chad about interest and Chad looked at him like he was an alien.

Most of them will be fine over the summer but come September and no more checks are coming they are gonna suffer.

And though the owners have big money they alps have huge expenses. Many of them got alot of failed ventures that there revenue from the NFL keeps them going. Plus they took out a loan on their tv deals. As games are canceled the owners have to pay back the networks. I don't think they about that.

I think if the owners back down from the 18 game schedule that players will pretty much concede to anything else.

i was thinking the same too
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:

i was thinking the same too

I was thinking that he has to take out his own healthy insurance premium for all of his kids instead of letting his employer take the bill lol.
Share 49ersWebzone