There are 179 users in the forums

Mark Sanchez: Headset issues in loss

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Whats up w/ all these f**ked up headsets?!

Quote:
PITTSBURGH -- Quarterback Mark Sanchez had problems communicating with the New York Jets' coaching staff Sunday night because the headset he was wearing malfunctioned during a 24-19 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"It never really happened for that long of a time," Sanchez said. "We had to use a walkie-talkie at one point and [offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer] was just yelling calls in at one point. It was just another challenge, and we almost overcame it."

Link
all teams should have a plan in case this happens. Sub out the RB, have the new RB bring in the play call. Problem solved.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
all teams should have a plan in case this happens. Sub out the RB, have the new RB bring in the play call. Problem solved.

I believe they do. Usually when they bring in a new personnel package they relay it through the guys coming in. Also, they have hand signals for formations and plays... just like in the old days prior to having headsets.
Jetscuses
Sanchezcuses

Originally posted by DarthNiner:
I believe they do. Usually when they bring in a new personnel package they relay it through the guys coming in. Also, they have hand signals for formations and plays... just like in the old days prior to having headsets.

Something along the lines, that this coach used to - Paul Brown (in 1942), is considered the "father of the modern offense," with many claiming that he ranks as one of the greatest of football coaches in history. Such claims are backed by significant evidence: Brown dominated as a gridiron general on every major level—high school, college, and professional...

per Wikipedia

Originally posted by DarthNiner:

Something along the lines, that this coach used to - Paul Brown (in 1942), is considered the "father of the modern offense," with many claiming that he ranks as one of the greatest of football coaches in history. Such claims are backed by significant evidence: Brown dominated as a gridiron general on every major level—high school, college, and professional...

per Wikipedia
I like his response, he didn't whine and b***h about being cheated, he viewed it as a challenge. That says alot about him.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The home teams are scrambling the signals for the road teams. The NFL really needs to get this fixed.
Originally posted by susweel:
The home teams are scrambling the signals for the road teams. The NFL really needs to get this fixed.

This is a real begrudging issue that needs to be investigated/looked at. Nobody wants to admit the raw possibility that an opposing team could set up calculated (wire-less) wave-length jamming devices inside of a luxury box facing adjacent to the away team's sideline.

Or could this all be the NFL's doing? -Cause I mean afterall, *cough* the Steelers won their last 2 trophies fair and square *cough*.

Thats what they do in High School, works for them.
Originally posted by susweel:

more likely then not...the Jets tried to hack something and blew out their own headsets.....

As an Ex new yorker...even I cant stand there filthy ass jets
Share 49ersWebzone