There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jim Plunkett

Really reminds me of Alex Smith if you watch the video. A teammate of his on the niners even called him the phoenix. I could definitely see Alex Smith having a Jim Plunkett type career if he decides to go somewhere else.
[ Edited by 49erfan27 on Jan 22, 2011 at 11:39 AM ]
By the way, Plunkett was also the 1st overall pick
Alex Smith is no Jim Plunkett
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Alex Smith is no Jim Plunkett
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Alex Smith is no Jim Plunkett

And you're no Nostradamus
He's probably gonna be Phil Rivers' career backup for the next 5 years.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
He's probably gonna be Phil Rivers' career backup for the next 5 years.

if that means we can get Billy Volek, then I'm all for it.
LOL. I find it funny how people bring up Steve Young and Plunkett when they want to prove a point about Alex having a good career from here on out.

For every Steve young, there are a thousand QBs who could never turn it around. These guys weren't the rule, they were the exception.

Whatever makes you feel better though.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Alex Smith is no Jim Plunkett

And you're no Nostradamus

True, true.
No dis to Plunkett... but NFL films could make me look like Joe Montana


I can hardly wait when Alex is finally gone so Alex threads disguised as something else go away for good. Let me add one more
Originally posted by highwayone:


I can hardly wait when Alex is finally gone so Alex threads disguised as something else go away for good. Let me add one more



So true! Here . . . let me also add a

BTW drawing similarities to Plunket belong in the "Epic Fail" category. Plunkett actually showed something in his rookie year and did earned "Rookie of the Year" honors IIR.

Alex Smith?? . . . ummm . . . NO
Call me when Alex Smith wins two superbowls.

Until then, he reminds me of Tim Couch.
Originally posted by bjghum:
Call me when Alex Smith wins two superbowls.

Until then, he reminds me of Tim Couch.

Tim Couch or Ryan Leaf.