There are 262 users in the forums

Mcnabb and Harbaugh would be sick!

Shop 49ers game tickets
So McNabb and Westbrook together again? San Francisco Eagles, why were at it I'm pretty sure Freddy Mitchell is trying to make a comeback
All for it!
Originally posted by Num1player16:
So McNabb and Westbrook together again? San Francisco Eagles, why were at it I'm pretty sure Freddy Mitchell is trying to make a comeback

Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by boast:
McNabb lacks accuracy and leadership that Harbaugh looks for in the QB position. end of story.

and work ethic. He's also 34, injury prone, and not an upgrade over Alex right now. We need at least an upgrade.

Alex has never beaten mcnabb as far as i can remember. everytime we faced mcnabb we got creamed. as for mcnabb his career is head and shoulders above any of our qbs here the last year. with our talent in the backfield and our unique tight ends and wr talent i think mcnabb could easily win this division because unlike in philly where they never really committed to running the ball to help take some pressure off mcnabb, harbaugh will run more than philly to take pressure off mcnabb. we just need mcnabb to give us a good yr to help groom this rookie qb we draft
Mcfatt would make me sick if I saw him in a 49er uniform.
Sign McNabb and put him on the cover of Boons: Sports Illustrated Edition.
No, he looks like he has midget arms.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
My wife is a big Eagles fan so I've watched alot of Donovan in his career. I really like him he was a great WCO QB. With that said he was a DISASTER in Wash last year, Steve Young feels if you can't play QB for Shanahan you can't play QB in the NFL.

It's hard to tell w/DM he shouldn't be past his day already but he looked like he was this season. High risk/High reward with a DM acquisition.

I say we go the easier route and acquire Orton to be our starter and maybe Josh Johnson. See if someone is available after round 1 at QB as well.

Donovan McNabb would be easier to get than Orton at this point. And I don't think McNabb suddenly forgot how to play QB. Not saying he is gonna be at a pro-bowl level anymore, but he would be a solid 1-2 year option IMO
Originally posted by ninersallday:
Donovan McNabb has already gotten the seal of approval from Vernon Davis.

The tight end said that he would love to be catching passes from the former Eagles and Redskins quarterback and McNabb will be available after the Redskins let him go. He's not as good as he used to be, but he can be effective.

The 49ers aren't that far away and McNabb can put them over the top

Feels good knowing were headed back to the promise land where we belong and couldn't have wrote it any better.. been thru alot of bulls**t!

Go 49ERS!

My Name Is WINiner And I Do Not Approve This Message.

Who wouldn't want a guy this loose on your team right before a big game? Oh. They lost that game? Never mind.

But on the real, McNabb can help this team win. If not for anything other than a year or 2, we can do much worse. I think Harbaugh will see this too when looking at the other veteran options available.

Alex Smith was better than McNabb in 2010.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

Saw a lot of McNabb last year and in previous years. To be honest last year will very likely be an aberation. The Skins were astoundingly bad on offense, aside from the QB poistion they we much worse than us form a talent perspective.

That being said he isnt the top of my list, but I think he is the most likely. I could see a combination of McNabb, Johnson and a Rook happening. After all Donovan will likely be droped so all we have to do is pay him, and Johnson is probably only going to cost a player or a pick switch. So you spend a second on a guy to groom and see what happens in training camp.

The alternatives are Kolb who is too expensive and we need a corner in the first round. Orton who will be heavily competed for and Lienart who is complete garbage.

The one big thing that could shake this up is if we can land Namdi or a combination of lesser corners like Cromartie in Free Agency to shore up that position and free up our first pick..then I think Kolb is on the table in a big way.

Personally in my wildest dreams, I want Namdi and keep our first for Prince. Pay whatever it takes for Orton to hold it down for a couple of years and get who ever falls to the second round of Gabbert, Mallet, Locker to carry a clip board and be a sponge for two to three years... spend every other pick left looking for OLB's to rush the damn passer.
McNabb would be the best QB since Garcia to lace them up out here plain and simple. Draft Cam and let him sit a year or 2 and we should be alright at QB no more problems.
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
McNabb would be the best QB since Garcia to lace them up out here plain and simple. Draft Cam and let him sit a year or 2 and we should be alright at QB no more problems.

I agree 100%!!!! I believe it can happen exactly that way to!
Share 49ersWebzone