There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mcnabb and Harbaugh would be sick!

Donovan McNabb has already gotten the seal of approval from Vernon Davis.

The tight end said that he would love to be catching passes from the former Eagles and Redskins quarterback and McNabb will be available after the Redskins let him go. He's not as good as he used to be, but he can be effective.

The 49ers aren't that far away and McNabb can put them over the top

Feels good knowing were headed back to the promise land where we belong and couldn't have wrote it any better.. been thru alot of bulls**t!

Go 49ERS!
did you not pay attention to McNabb this past season?

he's fat, outta shape, unmotivated, can't run a two minute offense in a Shanahan WCO system. Alex Smith played better than him.
You're right, it would be sick.
Originally posted by WestCoast:

he's fat, outta shape, unmotivated, can't run a two minute offense in a Shanahan WCO system. Alex Smith played better than him.

yeah reminds me of the same as Kurt Warner's season w/ Giants and cards picked him up everybody said whatever and the rest turned out pretty good jus check out his 2009 highlights year prior to lasts and you will know he's worth pciking up. Remember what Harbaugh said He wants a leader, athletic, smart and good character as traits to be his qb and Mcnabb fits the bill.
My wife is a big Eagles fan so I've watched alot of Donovan in his career. I really like him he was a great WCO QB. With that said he was a DISASTER in Wash last year, Steve Young feels if you can't play QB for Shanahan you can't play QB in the NFL.

It's hard to tell w/DM he shouldn't be past his day already but he looked like he was this season. High risk/High reward with a DM acquisition.

I say we go the easier route and acquire Orton to be our starter and maybe Josh Johnson. See if someone is available after round 1 at QB as well.
Originally posted by ninersallday:
Originally posted by WestCoast:

yeah reminds me of the same as Kurt Warner's season w/ Giants and cards picked him up everybody said whatever and the rest turned out pretty good jus check out his 2009 highlights year prior to lasts and you will know he's worth pciking up. Remember what Harbaugh said He wants a leader, athletic, smart and good character as traits to be his qb and Mcnabb fits the bill.

Warner was picked up to warm his position for Eli Manning in 2004. He posted a 86.5 Passer Rating on a team that had won just four games during the previous season. It was clear Warner wasn't done.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
McNabb is the one QB I do not want, I think he is hugely overrated and just flat out sucks.
Originally posted by Chief:
McNabb is the one QB I do not want, I think he is hugely overrated and just flat out sucks.

but doooooooooooooooood, Mcnabb used to be good a few years ago and he could be our Kurt Warner, Who cares if he got fat this year and was out of shape HE USED TO BE GOOD
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Chief:

but doooooooooooooooood, Mcnabb used to be good a few years ago and he could be our Kurt Warner, Who cares if he got fat this year and was out of shape HE USED TO BE GOOD

YEAAAAAA! Remember when he won all those division titles and stuff....he could do it again!!!
sick
If we sign McNabb then I will never cheer for this team again, MY WORD!
I think there will be a good market for him this year. You have teams like Arizona, Tennessee, and Miami that have to win now and just won't be patient enough to wait around for a rookie to develop.

I don't think McNabb and our receivers are a good mesh, and I just don't think he's the answer for us. I do think he has some football left in him if he goes to the right place.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Please explain all the McNabb hate, it doesn't make sense. He had one off year after going to the Redskins. I must remind you his play-off record is similar to Steve Young's and better than Peyton Manning's, yet everyone calls him a big game choker, what gives?
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
McNabb lacks accuracy and leadership that Harbaugh looks for in the QB position. end of story.
Originally posted by boast:
McNabb lacks accuracy and leadership that Harbaugh looks for in the QB position. end of story.

and work ethic. He's also 34, injury prone, and not an upgrade over Alex right now. We need at least an upgrade.