LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

Bates fired from Seattle after loss

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:
I hope Seattle does put together an all-star staff. LOL at people being afraid of a little competition. I WANT the NFCW to be stronger. I'm sick of it being a laughing stock.

Fail. Why would you want the teams we play twice a year to be better?
Originally posted by A-R-S:
I hope Seattle does put together an all-star staff. LOL at people being afraid of a little competition. I WANT the NFCW to be stronger. I'm sick of it being a laughing stock.

I want all of us to be better. I know it doesn't make sense that we want the NFCW to be stronger but I'm real tired of all the s**t talking by all the media. Thats just my opinion.
Originally posted by pelos21:

I want all of us to be better. I know it doesn't make sense that we want the NFCW to be stronger but I'm real tired of all the s**t talking by all the media. Thats just my opinion.

I know what you mean. It would be nice if people spoke of the NFCW as the speak of AFC East or NFC East or AFC North. It won't ever happen though, since the majority of the sports media is based on the East Coast and thus have a bias towards their own divisions.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by pelos21:

I know what you mean. It would be nice if people spoke of the NFCW as the speak of AFC East or NFC East or AFC North. It won't ever happen though, since the majority of the sports media is based on the East Coast and thus have a bias towards their own divisions.

I am sick of the 49ers losing on rookie mode when they should be winning on all-madden mode.
its official they've added tom cable as their o-line/ asst. head coach, thats a quality pickup for them
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by crabman82:
its official they've added tom cable as their o-line/ asst. head coach, thats a quality pickup for them

Until he punches one of the other coaches in the face...
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/19/seahawks-scrambling-in-offensive-coordinator-search/

Quote:
Seahawks scrambling in offensive coordinator search
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 19, 2011, 12:30 PM EST

Jeremy Bates is out as Seahawks offensive coordinator, a move that hints at more trouble beneath the surface in Seattle than Pete Carroll’s perpetually sunny words would indicate.

Bates’ clashes with former offensive line coach Alex Gibbs reportedly caused Gibbs to leave, according to Steve Kelley of the Seattle Times.

Bates was reportedly a “problem from the beginning” because he was too stubborn and didn’t want to mold his system to his player’s talents. The inability to develop Golden Tate also hurt Bates.

So where do the Seahawks go from here?

There doesn’t appear to be a clear succession plan. They spoke with Josh McDaniels, but McD wound up with division rival St. Louis. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the Seahawks made a last-ditch effort to bring back quarterbacks coach Jedd Fisch to run the offense. Fisch decided to stay at the University of Miami, where he accepted the coordinator job next week.

NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora reports that former Vikings coordinator Darrell Bevell will interview with the Seahawks. He was originally supposed to be meet about the team’s quarterbacks job, but now will talk about a coordinator position last week.

The Seahawks may also speak to Jim Zorn or Bill Musgrave about the opening.

Put it all together, and the 2011 Seahawks offense will be starting from scratch once again. Once they find someone to run it.

Ha ha
Share 49ersWebzone