There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Steeler Hater Central

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
i don't hate the steelers. i just hate their bandwagon fans......

Go Jets (even though your coach is a douche playing the part of a "master mind gamer")!
  • MILFS
  • Veteran
I can't wait until the 49ers start winning again and we have to worry about bandwagon fans.
I don't know how you could compare the Steelers to the Yankees or the Lakers.

The Yankees are bad because MLB's system is screwed up and they take advantage of it by spending a lot of money. Their fans are bad because they are in denial that the reason why the Yankees are successful are due to the flaws in the system and not due to an equal ground of competition and they are smug about it.

The Lakers are bad because they are an L.A. team and come off as arrogant jerks. Their fans speak for themselves. Not to mention Kobe Bryant isn't exactly a likeable guy.

The Steelers on the other hand have just been a very well run organization who hasn't lost their identity, unlike other teams that used to be good (e.g., the Niners). They have had like 3 coaches in the span of 50 years and have always been true to their basic philosophy and it has worked. Apart for Ben Rothlisberger, I can't think of many reasons to hate the Steelers, except out of jealousy for their success. They have great owners. Only if the Niners were able to keep up that kind of consistency.

BTW, every successful team has bandwagon fans GASP... even the 49ers when they were good. Their bandwagon fans are the same as every other teams bandwagon fans. Seriously, how many people on these boards are suddenly "fans" of the JETS and want them to win since they started being arrogant jerks under Rex Ryan and winning games?
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Jan 18, 2011 at 1:24 PM ]
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Respect the franchise, Superbowls and the players they have produced but I hate Steeler football. Maybe I was spoiled being a Niner fan but I would not pay to watch the Steelers play week in week out.

I'm firmly rooting for Rodgers and the rest of the cheeseheads.
if the steeler make the super bowl, I won't even watch it, maybe DVR it cause if they lose, I might then watch it, but only maybe, so Go Jets!
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I don't know how you could compare the Steelers to the Yankees or the Lakers.

The Yankees are bad because MLB's system is screwed up and they take advantage of it by spending a lot of money. Their fans are bad because they are in denial that the reason why the Yankees are successful are due to the flaws in the system and not due to an equal ground of competition and they are smug about it.

The Lakers are bad because they are an L.A. team and come off as arrogant jerks. Their fans speak for themselves. Not to mention Kobe Bryant isn't exactly a likeable guy.

The Steelers on the other hand have just been a very well run organization who hasn't lost their identity, unlike other teams that used to be good (e.g., the Niners). They have had like 3 coaches in the span of 50 years and have always been true to their basic philosophy and it has worked. Apart for Ben Rothlisberger, I can't think of many reasons to hate the Steelers, except out of jealousy for their success. They have great owners. Only if the Niners were able to keep up that kind of consistency.

BTW, every successful team has bandwagon fans GASP... even the 49ers when they were good. Their bandwagon fans are the same as every other teams bandwagon fans. Seriously, how many people on these boards are suddenly "fans" of the JETS and want them to win since they started being arrogant jerks under Rex Ryan and winning games?

I can think of a reason to hate the Steelers. Have you ever spoken to a Steeler fan?
Originally posted by MILFS:
I can't wait until the 49ers start winning again and we have to worry about bandwagon fans.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Im rooting for the Pckers to win it all this year now that my man Bieber is out

Not sure why any 9er fan would like the Packers. They have been beating us since the mid 90s. Don't like them but if Jets and Bears go to the super bowl I will be completely elated. Means no SB for the Packers and no #7 for the Steelers.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Not sure why any 9er fan would like the Packers. They have been beating us since the mid 90s. Don't like them but if Jets and Bears go to the super bowl I will be completely elated. Means no SB for the Packers and no #7 for the Steelers.

because the Packers winning it is a lot better than the Steelers.
Originally posted by backontop:

Ok but wouldn't you be cheering for the Jets and Bears then?
Originally posted by backontop:

Ok but wouldn't you be cheering for the Jets and Bears then?

I can't stand the Jets and now thanks to Singletary I hate the Bears. That leaves the Packers.
unlike most of you, I have been a fan since the early 80s. To root for the packers is like rooting for the cowboys. Please stop rooting for the packers. There is nothing worse than a cheesehead. old time niner fans will be rooting for the jets and bears.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
unlike most of you, I have been a fan since the early 80s. To root for the packers is like rooting for the cowboys. Please stop rooting for the packers. There is nothing worse than a cheesehead. old time niner fans will be rooting for the jets and bears.

Likewise the early 80's. But it wasn't till rather later that the Pack came on our radar screen. As a team they tended to have more class than Dallas, so I don't have as much of an issue with them.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by Envy:
Respect the franchise, Superbowls and the players they have produced but I hate Steeler football. Maybe I was spoiled being a Niner fan but I would not pay to watch the Steelers play week in week out.

I'm firmly rooting for Rodgers and the rest of the cheeseheads.

I concur!