LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Is there any Super Bowl winning team that you feel didn't deserve it?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Has there been a team that won the Super Bowl that you feel got lucky or just went on a good run in the playoffs, and didn't deserve to be named "champions"?
any super bowl that the raiders or cowboys won was undeserved.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
If your going to ask the question you should of at lest answered it as well.
Obviously the NY Giants got lucky when they beat the Patriots a few years back.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Not really. When the Ravens won with Trent Dilfer, they had a great defense. When the Bucs won with Brad Johnson, they had a great defense.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Gruden's Tampa Bucs.

although having one of the better defenses the NFL has ever seen, they lucked out when they were matched up against a Raider team that used the exact same playbook Gruden wrote and used the year before when he was the head coach of the Raiders.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
The Steelers against the Seahawks. They also got some help from the refs against Arizona but it was nowhere near as bad as the Seahawks game.
the Patriots when they beat the rams.

the Patriots when they beat the panthers.

The Patriots when they beat the eagles.

Whats the difference between Jim Kelly and Tom Brady?

Adam Vinatieri.

who also has one a super bowl since he left NE... and Brady hasnt.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by boast:
Gruden's Tampa Bucs.

although having one of the better defenses the NFL has ever seen, they lucked out when they were matched up against a Raider team that used the exact same playbook Gruden wrote and used the year before when he was the head coach of the Raiders.

But that team was good when Tony Dungy was running it. Yes, they got lucky with Gruden knowing everything about the Raiders but they were still a great team, minus the QB position.
Originally posted by boast:
Gruden's Tampa Bucs.

True but watching the Raiders get annihilated was exciting. Was happy to see players like Sapp, Lynch, Ronde Barber, Brooks, and Simeon Rice get their rings.

Originally posted by 23zack80:
The Steelers against the Seahawks. They also got some help from the refs against Arizona but it was nowhere near as bad as the Seahawks game.

this is really the one SB that I have personally seen that I think had a somewhat unfair outcome. But, in general, I don't think any SB champ is really "undeserving." It takes a lot of skill and luck to win any football game, and the one who ends up champ has to have both. What makes football great is that what "should" happen doesn't always happen.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Winner!!!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Winner!!!!!

I was going to school near Portland around that time, so it was still great seeing all the Seahawks fans' hearts break collectively
Rule: Start a thread, answer it.

I think if a team won it, they deserve it. However, the Steelers sure got some referee help against the Seahawks.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
SAINTS.

You don't deserve s**t if you don't have a defense.
Share 49ersWebzone