There are 244 users in the forums

should atl fire its d coor or

Shop 49ers game tickets
Hold the players accountable. Some owners just dont understand.........when a team on offense or defense does horrible like atl sometimes its the players fault. Atl has nobody on d besides their de that could match up with a good offense like gb. Phi fired their d coor but besides samuel and their de.....they dont have much. So holding coaches accountable is a mistake. Tonights game vs gb atl's d coor called good plays the players didnt execute because they are not good or not as good as the offense they are playing.

With this mentality.....a lot of d coords should of been fired after playing the niners in the 80s and 90s.

What do you think about this approach? I think its pretty shallow. The owners and gms should try to get better players through fa and the draft or through trades.
the pick six before halftime lost them the game.

oh and this guy named aaron rodgers is pretty f'n good too
They need better defensive players. Their D kinda blows.
I wonder how the 9er FO reacts every time they watch Rodgers play lights out and they know they could have had him.
  • dj43
GB was just a better team tonight. They had a better game plan and they executed it very well. As a group, the Packer receivers are the best in the league. When they are healthy and the OL is healthy and at full strength, they are going to beat people.
Rogers is good but if he was on the niners with our horrible ol and one wr he would not be nearly as good. At least we would of won the division and maybe 9 or 10 games.

Then again i think he would be out the whole year with 3 plus concussions behind our ol with only one wr to throw to and one te.

I still feel phi should of not fired their dc and neither should atl. Go get better players
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
I didn't watch the whole game but I saw two or three times where a great playcall sent an unblocked defender at Rodgers and they completely whiffed on him while Rodgers pulled some goofy looking spin move to extend the play. Green Bay had an amazing offensive day. Atlanta would have needed talent like Baltimore and an amazing gameplan to shut down that offense today.
  • dj43
Originally posted by 23zack80:
I didn't watch the whole game but I saw two or three times where a great playcall sent an unblocked defender at Rodgers and they completely whiffed on him while Rodgers pulled some goofy looking spin move to extend the play. Green Bay had an amazing offensive day. Atlanta would have needed talent like Baltimore and an amazing gameplan to shut down that offense today.

McCarthy called a great game. He threw some different wrinkles at Atlanta and they were totally fooled.
Originally posted by rudedog:
I wonder how the 9er FO reacts every time they watch Rodgers play lights out and they know they could have had him.

Get over it!
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
They need better defensive players. Their D kinda blows.

They have no playmakers at linebacker, cornerback, or safety.

ATL never was very dominant or convincing and whether you like it or not GB is a really good team, and really well coached. In spite, of the record they achieved in the season they never trailed by more than 7 points at any point of the season.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boriken_9er:
ATL never was very dominant or convincing and whether you like it or not GB is a really good team, and really well coached. In spite, of the record they achieved in the season they never trailed by more than 7 points at any point of the season.

I've felt this way all season long, yes they won a lot of games this season... but I just knew they would be 1 and done. Packers-Bears nfc title game is going to be epic
Knee-jerk reaction.
Share 49ersWebzone